Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:12:26 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  The Castle Hill Car Festival, The South West's answer to the Goodwood festival!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Castle Hill Car Festival, The South West's answer to the Goodwood festival!  (Read 2337 times)
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« on: January 14, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »

From the fiat motor club ,but i'm sure they would like some 131 company , a weekend away  3-4 august  Wink

http://www.castlehillcarfestival.co.uk/

In the South West Brain Alexander would appreciate some support at the following event - I don?t know why people join a motor club and then don?t participate it?s a mystery to me but come on Brian is like the rest of us he is offering to help and I think some of you should help him with a bit of support.
The Castle Hill Car Festival,
The South West's answer to the Goodwood festival!
It is quite a long time since the FMC had an event in the South -West of England. However this can all change in August. The Castle Hill Car Festival, at Philleigh, planned for the weekend of August 3rd and 4th is likely to be a unique and spectacular event and will be an ideal opportunity for Fiat Motor Club GB to show the Flag.
Held in conjunction with the North Devon Motor Club this highly ambitious project is set in the beautiful and extensive grounds of Castle Hill, the home of the Earl and Countess of Arran and is expected to attract over 1000 historic, classic and modern cars and 10,000 visitors, in addition to displays by the principal one make car clubs in the country. Among other features It will feature the centenary celebrations of Aston Martin, a wealth of trade stands, national as well as local, a huge Autojumble, and arena events showcasing the cars on display.

What makes it unique however are the various competitive events available to participants. A "hill climb/sprint " is planned on the drive through the estate to be organised by the North Devon Motor Club as well as runs and touring assemblies in the surrounding countryside and over Exmoor. All open to those among us who would like something more rewarding than just the usual static show.
I am told that entry is likely to be ?5 per car and 2 occupants for the 2 days and camping will be available at ?10 per pitch, so unlike Goodwood not an expensive weekend. For those that prefer more comfort there is a wealth of excellent b & b accommodation available in the area.
The Philleigh country estate is on the old A379 about nine miles east of Barnstaple, just off the North Devon Link Road near South Moulton accessed from the M5 at junction 27 (Tiverton).
The organisers would welcome Fiat Motor Club participation and I would like to arrange a club stand given some indication that support is forthcoming.
Please let me know if you are interested in participating. A great opportunity for your area organisers to feature a South- West weekend on your calendar
Brian Alexander, 01288381058 (brianwesterley@btinternet.com)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:53:50 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.