Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:45:59 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  URGENT - AI BROOKLANDS 1st MAY - 131 attendees please confirm
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: URGENT - AI BROOKLANDS 1st MAY - 131 attendees please confirm  (Read 15968 times)
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 07:20:31 PM »

Hi all ,, how early are we meeting in tesco's and what bit  Undecided the sausage aisle Grin or what bit of the car park

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 10:12:40 PM »

Still not sure if I can make this one and have no ticket and not sure if ticket can be purchased on the day  Undecided

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 07:04:09 AM »

Looks like we're dropping like flies on this one, which is a great shame. Sad

Yes Theo, you can buy tickets on the day at the gate, but there's no guarantee that you'll be able to get in to the 'display' area - even if you're in an Italian car. Undecided First come first served with that one I suppose as last years event was so well supported due to Ginger (Chris Evans) advertising it on his Radio 2 breakfast show. I wonder whether they'll be the same support this year. I don't listen to R2 so don't know if he's shouting about showing off in his Ferrari again this year. Has anyone else heard?

Paul C is now unable to attend, and with my car still very much in pieces at IRS in Basildon and Theo now being in doubt it looks like the www.131mirafiori.com could be poorly represented.  Cry

I have pre-purchased my ticket for the event, it arrived in the post during last week, so I'll be there 'in person' if not 'in 131'. Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 07:13:07 AM »

Unfortunately the only day in the next ten that it is forecast to rain is Saturday, when we are all at Brooklands. Roll Eyes I hope the forecasters are wrong - they often are Wink

If it does rain then obviously the BBQ will be 'off' but we shall be providing an indoor alternative.

Now that we are only a few days away from the event, will you kindly confirm your attendance at both the AI event and to mine afterwards please? Cool Thanks. We'll know how many to cater for then. Smiley

I'll be there but I'm not sure if my car will be Undecided Still got various issues that I need to get sorted before it leaves IRS Cry

I think there is a Auto Italia event organiser's plan for 'display cars' to meet at one of the car parks close to the Merc Benz World entrance. I'll check the AI website and see what is posted up.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Gremlino

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »

Hi Si,

We're still going even if it rains  Grin.

The tickets arrived a week ago and Voli's tax arrived this morning, so a quick clean & polish for Voli on Friday (Shaz says I need the same) and we'll see you Saturday wherever the meet point eventually is  Wink 

Signature has gone Kaput!
Andy c

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »

yep Anita and i will be there let us know time and place peeps want to meet

Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »

And me peeps , tescos i just next to merc world and all round there is going to be busy with shoppers and clubs meeting up to go but tesco car park should be fine , what time 9.30 ish?   
    Afterwars im suppose to pick a dolls house up the road in New Malden and then pop to Davids ,to try and pick up seat foams in near Gatwick ,its all close ish then up to Simon s
jason 

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 04:42:09 PM »

Ja,

You're gonna be pushed for time if you want to get all that done in a day Shocked FYI - Gatwick is on the M23 and my house is close to the M3 both of which are in different directions to each other and New Malden. You'll be very busy that day.

Bad news tho - I will NOT have my Abarth back from Mark's for Saturday. Cry So, no 131 for me! Undecided Not happy but can't blame Mark really. I've been let down by two people who were supposed to have assisted with the renovation of the car before the end of March, and I had to drop the work on Mark at a late stage, so my thanks to him for pulling something out of the hat at the last minute.

Right, meet at 9.00 to 9.15 in the Tesco's car park then, on 1st May. See you there.

Si

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 09:15:22 PM »

An excellent days company , and super new super on our 131 scene and sorry some of you missed the day G. and of course T.we missed your company and chat.

and this great little 900E ,would  have been a cheaper hotel option for Germany

And a big thank you to Simon  and Wendy for there great hospitality afterward s
 ja  
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:49:21 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Andy c

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 09:48:08 AM »

yep a good day with good food and beer at the end thank you simon and wendy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Gremlino

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 10:36:55 AM »

Glad to see the day went well for you all.

I'm still gutted (and will be for quite a few days) that we didn't make it.

I spent all day Friday cleaning, polishing, hoovering, freshening up and fine detailing Voli. She was ok when I popped out in her to to the petrol station in the evening.
I loaded her up early (very early!) on Saturday morning and to thank me she woundn't start.....
B%X!!!

After several hours of going over everything twice + I finally blew a fuse, had a rant and took my dog out for a few hours.

Sorry to everyone and especially Si & Wendy, I'm not good company when I get this rattled and it was best that I stay away. Shazza did her best to let the attendees know we wouldn't be there and I've since apologised to her too.

The problem with Voli appears to be fuel related, when I took the air filter pan off for a re-furb on Friday perhaps something dropped down in the top of the carb and has since got sucked/drawn into the fuel circuit.
The ignition side of things all tests ok so I'll concentrate on the carb when I feel motivated again.

See you all sometime this year.... I hope  Sad 

kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 10:50:39 AM »

Yikes - I know that feeling Gra - You migrate back towards modern cars very quickly after an experience like that...but it's only a passing feeling.... Huh

Get it fixed quick & come to Lossburg instead..or at least see us off on the 13th...at 6.0am...!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Andy c

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 11:11:25 AM »

dont worry Graham weve got plenty planned this year to meet up again and im sure the voli will be up and running again soon

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »

a nice pic off me and the car for a change by Jeni Long of FMC and
http://yawningcatphotography.com/

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Gremlino

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 10:57:08 PM »

Thanks Andy & Kev,

Yes all will be ok, its just me  Roll Eyes

I was surprised to see this from Jay though, if you didn't want your pic took you only had to say  Cheesy ....

* Am I seeing things.jpg (73.08 KB, 640x464 - viewed 394 times.)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.