Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:13:13 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Tyre recommendations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tyre recommendations  (Read 4390 times)
Che

« on: September 04, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »

Have obtained a set of 14" sport steels, any recommendations on tyre size? Am thinking 195/60/14 Toyos, but would be interested in what others are running

'Salesmen are today's great communicators. They are out there pushing cars, real estate, advertising.
 That is where the real morality is played out in society today.'
 Jeff Koons. b.1955
Sev131

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »

Hi Che,

Big congrats on your purchase. Wink I got your email late as have had problems with emails.

What offset 14"s have you got, sport/racing or S3 Super?

My Dad went for 195's on uniroyals in the 80's as they were promoting wet road tyres! They looked great and remember the feedback well as a little youth!  Grin
Che

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 08:35:08 AM »

Thanks Sev Smiley

I bought a set of 14" wheels from a Sport from Guido on Marketplaas in the Netherlands (Great guy BTW, Ordered Monday, Wheels here on Wednesday so a recommendation from me). He has a host of other Sport bits at the moments as well.........

'Salesmen are today's great communicators. They are out there pushing cars, real estate, advertising.
 Jeff Koons. b.1955
strada

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »

standard size is 185/60x14, so 195's will be fine, you could consider 185/65. i run these to raise the gearing that little bit more for cruising, every little helps.

my name is chris reynolds, i currently own 2x supermirafiori mk3, strada 65cl, strada75cl auto, strada super85 convertable, strada 105tc mk1, strada105tc mk2
Che

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 06:59:13 PM »

Thanks Strada. Funny enough I've ended up going for 185/65 Khumos, as I was having a real problem finding 195's in anything other than poverty tyres or weeks on order. It's made a huge difference, coupled with the new discs and pads, but it has highlighted that I think I need to overhaul the Burke servo and replace the bushes up front as the steering is a little vague.

Jeff Koons. b.1955
williefiat

Fiat fun

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »

Hi Che..
At the moment I have 185 60 14 on my 2 Litre Supermirafiori  but I am about to put 185 65 14 Khumos on in
Place of Perelli as the Khumos give a much Softer Ride on the road and the Height is easier on my bad Back Wink.
Hope this Helps you Wink.
      Willie.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.