Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:10:22 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 article in Autocar magazine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 article in Autocar magazine  (Read 3919 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: August 28, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »

The latest issue of Autocar magazine (27/08/08) has a 1 page article on the Mirafiori 131 Sport in the ?Cars I never bought? section by Richard Bremner. The article is technically incorrect on a number of things but there's some good things said about the 131 Sport and of course it's always good to get some publicity about our favourite cars.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:21:27 PM »

You beat me to it on that one Theo - Any mention of our enthusiast's website..?

Must pop out to buy!

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:47:46 PM »

No mention of our enthusiasts website I am afraid.  Embarrassed Our marketing department has failed!   Undecided Smiley

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 03:59:03 AM »

Bit disappointing - Too short, too many sentences on trying to be clever and interesting and not enough about how the car drives and compared with it's competition when new. He implies that the car didn't sell well but from the numbers of cars that this forum has discovered I'm not so sure of that point any more. Wink

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find/4100_results.asp?bsubmit=true&lmodelflag=10773&lmanufacturer=10043&whatbutton.x=0&page=0&lCarID=1759018

He found one for sale in Switz - Here it is - ?12k for a restored LHD model - Bit steep - This car has been for sale for some time - Last time I saw it, I think it was available at ?7.5!? Shocked

Still nice to see the car get some press again. This is the second time in about 2 years that the Sport has appeared in the back page article of Autocar.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 05:50:35 AM »

For the first time ever I purchased a copy of Autocar last week and saw that they'd be doing a piece on the 131 Sport this week.

You both beat me to it - and not for the first time eh, Theo! Wink Cheesy Grin

I'm not surprised that the article is mainly wind. These pieces are generally written to fill the pages and little more. Still, at least the car is back in the press for the right reasons.

Shame really that the writer of the article didn't even have the capability to type "131 mirafiori" into a search engine - otherwise he may well have found us aswell as a 131 Sport for sale closer to home Undecided

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.