Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:06:49 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3MA08 - Day 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3MA08 - Day 2  (Read 3674 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: May 22, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »

Under strict orders to be ready for the off at 10am, many 3MAers were up much earlier washing their cars for the journey to Fort Augustus. A full Scottish breakfast inside us and we headed off for an exciting days driving through the highlands and what was for me, the best combination of driving and seeing Scotland at it's finest. Despite the overcast start the mountainous region through which we drove in the morning, was dark and brooding as well as very dramatic with excellent visibility.

This innocuous looking left turn turned out to be a real treat - A single track but well surfaced back road running alongside a river and with good sight along straights and around bends allowing some spirited driving, testing the 131s superb roadholding and ability to steer around almost anything at speed.

At the end of the road we rejoined the main carriageway along which one could see for miles and which took us even higher into the Highlands.

This was the day's petrol stop.

Funny noise from the engine - Was it the big end...? Nah - Just some lose bolts although Mick was complimenting himself on his foresight to buy breakdown cover!? Wink

This is what a Lancia 131 might look like!? Smiley

Simon and I found ourselves at the head on the convoy after the petrol stop and when the road opened up and traffic thinned, there was nothing else left to do but go for it. I'm very pleased that with the winter fettling (and possibly new carb kit) my Sport has an extra turn of speed that was missing from last year and never stopped accelerating along long straights glued to Si's bumperless rear! Wink I'm not sure but I think I might have just been able to inch past if the road had been long enough!? Wink

Lunch was at Fort Augustus by which time the sun had burned away the clouds and we spent a leisurely 2 hours or so before hitting the road for the return and slightly different return journey.

These are Theo's new headlights!!? Cheesy

Did someone say that they found the lyrics to the Albanian Eurovision Song contest entry...?? Grin

Again some excellent scenery along the way ....

...topped off by a really fast downhill section leading back to Inveraray - Long sweeping left & right bends that felt like they would go for ever!

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
eugene

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:46:14 PM »

Again some beautiful pictures Kev.Thanks.I noticed the oil and water filler caps are the same as on a Lada Niva(identical).Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
mick131

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:31:17 AM »

Cracking pictures Kev  Grin Grin.

Not jealous at all  Angry

Good to see the lights on Theo's car, they look great !!!.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.