Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:16:25 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  NEW GUY CROFT BOOK - LIMITED (COLLECTORS) EDITION
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEW GUY CROFT BOOK - LIMITED (COLLECTORS) EDITION  (Read 4991 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: September 16, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

The first Guy Croft book entitled 'Modifying and Tuning Fiat/Lancia Twin-Cam Engines' was very popular and rocketed in value when it went out of print. Copies of it still command high prices when seen (rarely) on ebay.

The new Guy Croft "Workshop Manual" book is written from scratch and it's not just a  reprint of the original.  Subject material will be VAST - surpassing anything that's been written before. Details of the book and how to pre-order your copy at
http://www.guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1993&sid=dd2928835b5df2c728ccf0fb8528bdec

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:53:27 PM »

I think I will save my ?100 for something else.... I suppose it's worth buying if you are planning to build a highly modified engine for your car. I'm not though. I'm sure he will sell all the 500 copies no problem though.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 01:44:24 AM »

Hey ,

I will buy one to use and on as investment. It will sure appreciate in value as soon as it Guy sells all 500 copies as it is sure to happen very quickly.

Miro  

PS: This book like the previous one is not for those who just drive 131 for cursing pleasure but rather race it , and race it hard.  I do and for all those who want to understand how does one achieve 200 horse power from a 2 liter TC Lampredi engine (original construction of 1966)  and the engine survives  not just one race , not just one season but a decade of racing this is the one to read and study. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:43:21 PM by miro-1980 » Logged

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
106usj

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:50 PM »

Got an unused mint copy of the original on ebay for 80 quid i thought that was expensive.
Have had a lack of posts as my internet provider is causing me major greif.

106usj

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:51:17 PM »

I hope the new Guy Croft book i got will make intresting reading even though i do just cruise the 20l sport.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.