Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:38:46 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Website renewal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Website renewal  (Read 975 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: October 31, 2023, 05:49:50 PM »

It's that time of year again when the website's hosting plan needs to be renewed and as with all other things, the price has gone up  Cry

Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel Renewal
Connected to 131mirafiori.com

Auto-renews on 10/11/2023    £143.88 / 1 Year

The question is, do enough people still use this website to warrant the expense of renewing it? Or is it time to pull the plug and just stay oven on Facebook. With the 50th anniversary celebrations in Turin next year (3ma24 - Friday May24th to Monday May 27th) I think it's worth keeping this going for all the announcements etc. Money is not really the problem as we have members who have donated generously in the past and even have regular monthly donations from one of our members. Thank you all for your generosity. But I'd hate to pay that money if it's only me and a couple of others that use this website now.

So if you still use this website and want to see it renewed, please reply and say so or just give us the  Like button from the emojis above.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 05:55:17 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 05:52:01 PM »

Gets my vote for renewal.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Heini131

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 07:47:05 PM »

Fiat 131 S 1.6 green, Fiat 131 Walter Röhrl orange,Fiat 131 mirafioriSport orange
NZ_131R

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 12:11:29 AM »

131akafa

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 06:28:31 PM »

Ren? - near Stuttgart, Germany
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 09:29:26 PM »

It's that time of year again when the website's hosting plan needs to be renewed and as with all other things, the price has gone up  Cry

Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel Renewal
Connected to 131mirafiori.com

Auto-renews on 10/11/2023    £143.88 / 1 Year

Even though we didn't get too many  Like I renewed the website hosting. But it wasn't just £143.88 for the year but £172.66 because I forgot about the TAX  Embarrassed So that's over 20% increase on last year's premium and they want me to believe that inflation was *only* 11% and now down to 6.8%  Huh

But look on nthe bright side: We are here for another year at least  laugh so better make the best of it.

* 131mirafiori.jpg (61.59 KB, 1113x412 - viewed 94 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mick131

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 01:37:22 PM »

Good on you for renewing Theo Like

I've got to admit, I really don't visit the site as frequently as in the past, but still think it's a better option than FB. But I would say that as I've never been able to get the way it's laid out Roll Eyes

Would a subscription based site be the answer ?

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Yagmur

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 03:54:04 AM »

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023, 11:47:53 AM »

Would a subscription based site be the answer ?

Thank you for your support!  Kiss I don't think we should change to a subscription site. We'll lose a lot of useful members who only make occational use of the site. I think the voluntary contribution system we have is a better way of doing it even though I need to make the biggest contribution!

http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php/topic,8426.0.html

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.