Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:38:26 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  bristol italian festival
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bristol italian festival  (Read 5522 times)
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« on: April 26, 2008, 09:19:51 PM »

Well i was there.... not one 131 though and it was fiat the chosen mark this year.
a fair round trip of 340 miles . a great day out bristol great city to vist all right next to auto festival

* bristol 75.jpg (414.98 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 456 times.)

* bris sratos.jpg (440.96 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 515 times.)

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:40:42 PM »

Hi Jason

If you are who I think you are then your old 131 sport sadly still languishes on a driveway in Bilsthorpe perhaps the owner is on this Forum ?

I only know of one other an orange minter but owner wanted megga bucks last time we spoke.

Be nice to meet some old friends again, Im getting my 131 ready for next years events including engine mods etc.

Cheers anyway

Ian Taylor
I
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:24:27 PM »

Thanks for the photos Jason - Is that 5 X Stratos' (or is the plural Strati?) together!!  Shocked

Any nice classic Fiat pics. I went to the a classic car in Bristol show one year when I lived there and could not believe a mint silver 130 Berlina owned from new by the Fiat Dealer in Fishponds (I think) and a really nice 124 Special T in red.

Ian - Do you have contact details of the orange mint 131 that you saw?

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »

Hi Jason

If you are who I think you are then your old 131 sport sadly still languishes on a driveway in Bilsthorpe perhaps the owner is on this Forum ?

That sounds like Andrew Roberts place. He bought my old Silver car off me after he bought Jasons car.

He seems to have vanished off the face of the earth!

Havn't seen him at any shows for ages.
Has he registered on here Theo?

Wonder if he'll be at brooklands at the weekend?

Wayne.

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »

Wayne my apologise for not recognising you on the Forum and letting you down on sale of your fantastic sport so many years ago now ( I saw it at Stamford Hall Jags son owns it ) still a bit high ride height but wow super mint body etc.

I think my wife had the final say, much regrets but Ive had some nice classic motors including a lovely M535 BMW not everyones cup of tea I know esp heavy handling.

And for the orange sport Kevin, I made contact through an ebay listing about one year ago, I think it is a well known car will try to dig it out details inc. reg number for you.

Sadly I cannot make this years event to meet you all, but its great to have such an enthusiasts Forum for the 131's.
hicky131

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 10:52:11 PM »

Wayne my apologise for not recognising you on the Forum and letting you down on sale of your fantastic sport so many years ago now ( I saw it at Stamford Hall Jags son owns it ) still a bit high ride height but wow super mint body etc.

I think my wife had the final say, much regrets but Ive had some nice classic motors including a lovely M535 BMW not everyones cup of tea I know esp heavy handling.

And for the orange sport Kevin, I made contact through an ebay listing about one year ago, I think it is a well known car will try to dig it out details inc. reg number for you.

Sadly I cannot make this years event to meet you all, but its great to have such an enthusiasts Forum for the 131's.

Hi Ian,

I remember you now! Grin Grin
I've spoken to so many enthusiasts of these cars over the years that i forgotten most of their names! Roll Eyes?
I haven't been on here for a while,so there's no wonder you didn't recognise me. Smiley
No worries about the sale of the car,i know Bobby who has it now and it's definatley in good hands. Smiley
Nothing wrong with classic Beemers!
I'm currentley running one as a daily driver and it's proved very reliable for the last 2 years.
Did the orange car have 4 super oscars and a pair of sill skirts on it by any chance?
If its the one i'm thinking of,(DLO 278T)it was one digit out on one of the press cars registations.
The guy got a lot of reactions to his original asking price!
Been digging through the archives Grin:-? http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=42.0

Are you going to any of the local shows this year? Will have to meet up and have a chin wag sometime. Smiley
Wayne.

Wayne Hickman,
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 07:33:34 PM »

hi guys
 also a yellow 130tc and black 105tc (gavins) and my ole chum brain & elieen  allexandra back in a 124 spider, loads of 500s of course.
 as for my old sport, hardly been touched since i let it go 7 years ago, didn't like not being used every day and it al seized up lights, brakes and the like,and it had lovely full race head from the auto italia raceing series,such a same .
jay

* 26042008105.jpg (351.37 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 469 times.)

* 26042008102.jpg (335.53 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 475 times.)

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 04:37:19 PM »

Andrew is still in the scene, has a red Alfa 75 I think, Ive tried to make contact about his sport but to no avail.
Yes of course Jag / Bobby are the ultimate 131 fanatics I suppose, I don't know whether his 4 door was ever finished though.

And I do look forwadr to meeting with you and yes the ebay ad is of that same ? famous car, I spoke with owner at the time and he knows its value, would not budge an inch.

ps.The rarest item I ever sold on ebay by the way was a set of blue seat towels inscribed "racing" with eyelets at each end for the front seats very strange, but the winning bidder was delighted with them.

Cheers, thanks for help with the ebay advert.

Ian
hicky131

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 08:11:45 PM »

Andrew is still in the scene, has a red Alfa 75 I think, Ive tried to make contact about his sport but to no avail.
Yes of course Jag / Bobby are the ultimate 131 fanatics I suppose, I don't know whether his 4 door was ever finished though.

And I do look forwadr to meeting with you and yes the ebay ad is of that same ? famous car, I spoke with owner at the time and he knows its value, would not budge an inch.

ps.The rarest item I ever sold on ebay by the way was a set of blue seat towels inscribed "racing" with eyelets at each end for the front seats very strange, but the winning bidder was delighted with them.

Cheers, thanks for help with the ebay advert.

Ian

I was over at Bobbys the other month. The four door resto looks very well but still isn't finished. Not sure how long he's been working on it mind you.

I wouldn't say that the orange ebay car was famous really,unless he thought that with it being 1 digit different from the actual press car,that made it famous! Roll Eyes Grin

I remember in his listing that someone told him it was a famous car.He must've assumed the guy was right and then thought that it was worth more. Roll Eyes

DLO 27'9'T was painted silver and was featured in the 1979 february issue of CAR magazine in an RS2000 VS 131 Sport article.
The Fiat came out on top of course. Wink Grin

You're right about those towels being rare. I think most of them must've been thrown away after the first wash as the eyelets tended to rip out of them!

I bet someone on here bought them off you! Cheesy

Wayne Hickman,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.