Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:04:39 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Electric fuel pump location
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Electric fuel pump location  (Read 4349 times)
USA131

« on: June 13, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »

1976 Mirafiore with 2bbl downdraft carburetor. I 'm deleting the mechanical pump and replacing it with a electric pump. Where is the OEM location for the pump? Is it under the car or in the trunk. I'm trying to use the standard wiring. The US version has the pump relay installed in the fuse box and the wiring does leave the fuse box. I'm trying to find the other end. Huh
USA131
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:59:54 PM »

USA 131 !

I am not sure there was an electric fuel pump OEM installed at least in European versions ?

I would suggest you put a completely new wiring - for pure safety. 

The only ones I have seen were next to the fuel tank in the trunk (boot) 

Also for safety reasons I would also suggest you put it in the trunk.

I am planning the same. Actually I am installing a double pump system and have been advised by some people with racing experience ( though this opinion is not unanimous) that there should be two operating at the same time they. Some suggest to make them switchable #1 or #2 but  the former experts suggest they should operate simultaneously (their argument is : you will not notice quick enough that one has failed to switch another on before engine damaged). There are still those that say you need only one Facet silver top pump  -as these pumps never fail.

I am also planning to install extinguisher system with jets to the engine bay as well as passenger cabin and trunk (gas tank, fuel pump, etc.)

PS:  What pump are you planning to install?

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
USA131

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 06:36:28 AM »

It shows in the old Haynes manual that the electric fuel pump for some UK TC models is located in the trunk on the left side looking forward.I found that the wire from the fuel pump relay in that location on my US version 131, so I will see if it is functional.m
I have used both Facet type pumps and rotary pumps. I have had very good luck with this pump;
http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=577
It supplies my DHLA's on my Zetec with no problem and does not make hardly any noise. I also connected the pump through an inertia switch, so the pump is disabled in the event of an accident
USA131
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 10:51:36 PM »

And if you wire your pump in with a hidden switch it becomes an anti theft device as well

Regards

Roger...................uk

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.