Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:10:06 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Passenger Compartment Wiring Loom
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Passenger Compartment Wiring Loom  (Read 3163 times)
Phil

« on: August 14, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »

I am after some help and advise.

I need to replace the main interior wiring loom in my 131 sport. Yagmur can supply a new loom for a 1600cc single cam car, does anyone know if Yagmur's loom is the same as my sport?

On the face of it I think the electrics may be the same, both car's would have no electric windows, no central locking, does any one know if I can substitute the 1600cc loom for my 2000cc?? 

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
alan.acs

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 08:48:32 PM »

What is wrong with your loom.

Phil

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:00:45 PM »

The previous owner did some welding, unfortunately without protecting the loom, I have attached a photo.

As the car is fully stripped down, I thought that before I start to rebuild it I would like put a new loom in.

* 4 nice wiring.jpg (154.83 KB, 850x637 - viewed 446 times.)

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
Phil

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:48:17 AM »

I have since thought of another problem ? Yagmur's loom will be is for a LHD car and mine is RHD - I am guessing that my loom is longer as it routes it self down the right hand side of the car to the steering dash cluster and then over the dash to the fuse box.

Can some tell me what route a LHD takes? It would make sense that it went straight down the left hand side of the car, in which case Yagmur's loom would not be long enough.  Huh Huh

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.