Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:27:18 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  slip yoke for 131 gearbox FYI
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: slip yoke for 131 gearbox FYI  (Read 3339 times)
USA131

« on: March 27, 2011, 02:28:58 AM »

All,
After much scrounging about the junk yard I found that a Chevrolet S10 pickup with a T5 transmission has a slip yoke that fit in a 131 transmission  Smiley

The tube is the same size as the FIAT tube (2.75in). The Fiat seal is the correct size. I plan to remove the slip yoke and tube adapter from this drive line and put it onto the FIAT drive line. This will take car of my transmission tunnel problem for my FIAT TC powered Anglia 105e . These are quit common in the USA.
USA131
djape1977

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »

there's quite a few bits on fiats that fit from many other makes. they used standard parts as much as they could. you'll find that U joints are the same as on 50% of all RWD cars for example

get a bigger hammer!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.