Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:26:10 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  16v Conversion. Questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 16v Conversion. Questions  (Read 5256 times)
turok131

« on: June 02, 2011, 09:57:57 AM »

Hello!!! I'm assembling a cylinder head of "lancia" 16v in my car (Seat 131 2.0 8v), the question is:

- whether I can fit the 8v pistons (piston plane)?? or need the undercut of the 16v pistons??

-that water pump I can use? 8v or 16v?

Greetings!!
sdebez

fiat 131 gr 4.5

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 05:15:39 PM »

hi. i used the 8v water pump on mine, it is easier to line up with th crank pulley because your not changing anything.

as for the pistons i would just do a quick dry build of the engine. with childrens play clay and check the clearance.  or you can measure the deck height of your 8v and 16v pistons(geodgeon pin to crown) then measure the lift of the 8v cams and the 16valve cams and see how they compare.

good luck
sach.     
Walezy

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 08:48:18 AM »

try to get tipo 16v 1,8 l TC pistons. they have a little dome that will rise a bit CR.

turok131

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »

Hi!! My intention is to keep the 8v pistons and increasing the CR (http://www.turbo124.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9396).  The valve seats have been enlarged +1.20 mm and will be modified coolant outlet for their output to the front.   The tubes are polished to a mirror, and exhaust ducts as well. Also try to polish the chambers of combustion.  We will also use SG?s (Singh Grooves).

Greetings
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:37:22 PM by turok131 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.