Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:24:27 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  FIAT 131 2Ltr ENGINE AND GEARBOX
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIAT 131 2Ltr ENGINE AND GEARBOX  (Read 7293 times)
kes131

« on: January 18, 2009, 11:49:07 PM »

Hi all

Happy New Year

I have decided to give any one in the club first option on buying engine and gearbox so I will not advertise on eBay till Wednesday, so any one interested please email me with an offer and will get back to you. If no interest? from any members will advertise on eBay.

I am looking for offers of ?400 + which I find is reasonable due to all the extras included. I can remember when I bought my engine with a big valve head I paid more for the engine on its own then what I am offering here. If you guys feel im asking to much please tell me !!!? But I feel I am being reasonable.

I had added this listing I am adding to eBay if no interest from you guys so please bare with my listing as you get a lot of time wasters on there.

Good to be back, hope to make progress with EVW15T this year so will be adding lots of photos when work starts !!!!

This is a heavy item and collection is required please allow for this!!!! any question about collection please contact me prior to making an offer ?? PLEASE ??.

You can find out about courier if you want to arrange this. but this will need to be arranged from your end and paid for engine and collection before being sent.
And I will need time for this to load on a pallet for shipping . I don?t know the weight of this combined but may be one of the members can help me with this or could? find this out for me.

Good luck all and hope to add some more posts soon .

I? have also got a tow bar for sell off the same car which I was advertising at ?35 if anyone interested? please contact me I don?t really know what these are worth. Make me an offer if interested . it may need connectors as it was cut of at the time.

Regards? Mark
WELCOME TO MY AUCTION

FOR SALE

FIAT 131 SUPERMIRAFIORI? 2LTR TWIN CAM ENGINE AND GEARBOX

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori? 2ltr twin cam? from 4door Y registration which I used to own but later scrapped due to severe corrosion on the chassis.

I am selling my engine complete with gearbox and all ancillary which I have listed are being sold as a job lot out of one of my 131 I used to own. These were all working when the car was on the road but as I have stated the engine has been sitting in the back of my garage for about 4 years so it will need a service before using and a new cam belt to be fitted before running up. ( Recommended ) those up to buyers discretion

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori? 2ltr twin cam? from 4door Y registration which I used to own but later scrapped due to severe corrosion on the chassis.

The engine has been standing in the back of my garage for just over 4years but has been turned over regularly and the crank is moving freely, gearbox is still attached to engine, when me and a friend lifted the engine and gearbox out complete.

At the time the engine was taken out the vehicle, the car drove and sounded? like a twin cam should sound like. And was being driven daily until it run out of MoT and sadly never returned to the road.

Also other parts included with this engine listed below
Gearbox 5 speed
Gear lever an housing
Gear lever boot
Coupling flange
Alternator
Exhaust Manifold
Inlet Manifold
Carburettor? ( will find make if asked I believe it is a Weber )
Fuel pump
Distributor, cap, leads and plugs.
Starter Motor still connected
Power Steering pump and belt with brackets still connect.
Air filter
Most of the cooling and fuel hose are included? ( only 1 or 2 cooling hoses are missing near thermostat )
Throttle cable connected
Clutch cable still connected to gearbox
Clutch I believe worked ok and no slipping
Timing cover still connected

And what ever else you can see in photos are all included in final price

This engine and gear box is advertised locally so I have the right at any time to end this auction if this item is sold privately, I apologise if any one is bidding on this action but I will email the bidders at the time of sale if sold.
I have 100% feed back and time waster please do not bid as will be pursued through eBay.

You are buying as sold as seen?
This engine is sold as non runner at time of sale

This engine will need a minor service before using ( reconnmended? ) those up to buyers discretion.

The engine is a little oily, you will need to allow for this when collecting.

BUYER MUST CONTACT ME WITHIN 24HR OF END OF AUCTION OR ITEM WILL BE RELISTED if unable to contact me please email me before you bid.
Buyer must collected within 7 days of end of auction unless contacted before asking more time for collection.

Any questions please email me I will do my best to answer

Good luck and thanks for looking

bolger

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 09:37:56 AM »

Sorry for discouraging you, but I just bought new 2.0 engine for 500?, Beta spec, but that's not a big deal.
I would suggest that you make a good clean before Ebay.
All the best.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 12:32:45 PM »

I sold an identical engine recently (excellent runner, about 60,000 miles) for ?200 which I thought was a good price. I think you may struggle to get ?400 but who knows. You can always go down if it does not sell, but you can not put the price up!

Palleted delivery should work out about ?50. This is what it cost the buyer to get my engine and box shipped from Carlisle to the South coast.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
kes131

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 02:40:28 PM »

Hi all
thanks for your responses, will see what happens, i wasnt sure if the price was set high or not, i  kinda of judged the price on the complete lot with engine and gearbox and all the extras that was going with the engine , one of my friends said start it around that price and see what happends, maybe i will grab some degreaser and give it a degrease, and add some more pics, will try and do that next few days and add new pics, its a space taker and needs to go..... im open to offers.... kind of wanted to sell as a complete lot as it came out of a car and every thing worked and run really well.......will update with some new pics ... and any more responses are welcome guys,

regards  Mark
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.