Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:58:12 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 body panels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 body panels  (Read 7363 times)
cinqabarth

« on: December 12, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »

Hi, I have started re producing body panels for lancia deltas as the panels are very low on the ground and many cars are being scrapped with there being no replacement panels to keep the cars on the road. I also do a lot of panels for hillman avengers and talbot sunbeam lotus.
Here is a link to a few of my panels:
http://www.lanciasport.com/forum/index.php?topic=3013.45

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221326975536?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have got a few new old stock panels and templates ive made up for various panels around the car for the lancia delta evo and intergrale. While im growing the range of panels each month for the deltas I would like to be able to fabricate 131 sills and other complete panels to help the 131 live on. If this is something that may be of intrest then i could do with some panels new or old to copy??
this is my business name and I do the body panels along with the everyday car repairs. Im based in staffordshire in the UK, but I've shipped various panels for deltas to places such as Norway, Spain Amsterdam etc so that isnt a problem. Let me know if anyone can help or I can help you??

www.jonsautos.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jonsautos

x2HS Chevettes,Hillman avenger GT,Uno Turbo MK1 Antiskid,Commer pb van,Commer pb camper,Commer pb pick,Lancia Delta Itergrale,Triumph Stag,Transit150 mk5,Transit mk5Hallmark,Transit mk2 recovery truck
131rally

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 05:07:44 AM »

Your trying to get in to tough business. Yagmur is selling practicly all 131 body parts, NOS from Turkish Fiat factories. OEM quality and cheap as chips.

Marko
cinqabarth

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 08:54:18 AM »

Hi Marko

Thats fine I was under the impression there were no supply of 131 panels as here in the uk there is nothing. But thank you for your message and I wont waste any time on the 131 stuff. But if there is anything bespoke that anyone wants give me a shout.
cheers
Jon

x2HS Chevettes,Hillman avenger GT,Uno Turbo MK1 Antiskid,Commer pb van,Commer pb camper,Commer pb pick,Lancia Delta Itergrale,Triumph Stag,Transit150 mk5,Transit mk5Hallmark,Transit mk2 recovery truck
cinqabarth

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 09:07:53 AM »

http://www.131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=81.0

For people that are looking for panels just found yagmur's post

Thanks again
Jon

Yagmur

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 09:28:37 AM »

Hello Jon,
Thanks for your comment.
Yes I have almost every body panel of 131..
If you need any part, don't hesitate to contact with me.
I would like to learn, what is your manufacturing process. Hand made one by one or using patterns, moulds...
It is so much expensive to make body panels....hundreds tons of steel needed...
If you find any solution to make them cheap, I can make business with you for some other makes's rare parts...
regards
Yagmur
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 12:04:06 PM »

While Yagmur can supply high quality body panels for the 4-door 131s, there's still a lack of supply of 131 panels specific to the 2-door cars. Metal door skins for 2-door 131s are almost impossible to find so there should be a market for them if the price is right.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 12:35:39 PM »

Hi Jon,

Please don't let Marko's comments put you off producing 131 panels. The greater the number of suppliers the longer the cars will live on. Cool

Yagmur, whilst being a great source of most things 131 isn't able to supply 2-door panels as Thotos has mentioned above - so perhaps you could concentrate in that area first. Door skins and rear quarter panels for example.

I would also add that for those of us who are based in the UK and Ireland it would be very useful to have a local supplier if only to save on shipping costs from Turkey which can sometimes be prohibitive for single items Grin

All the best, Simon.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
106usj

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »

Cinqabarth I think as you are based in the UK it might be an idea as the lads have said above there is a huge hole in the market for Fiat 131 2 door bits like the doors and rear 1/4 panels witch Yagmur cant supply I think if you could master these it would be well worth your while as the shipping saving alone would be a big saving for us in the UK/Eire.
I wish you all the best and I hope you will at least think about this as (eg) sourcing door skins and rear 1/4 panels are the major problems for Sport/Racing owner's.

I would hope that you would get full support from nearly all of the members on this site if you were to think about producing the rare parts of the 131 as long as they were to goood quality im sure you would not struggle to get a premium price for them.
Best of luck and looking forward to hear your plans as im sure the rest of the forum are!
Regards
106usj
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 05:29:07 PM »

Hi Jon,

I've got quite a few 2 door panels which you're welcome to copy from. I've been away from the scene for quite a while now, so I think it's about time I got off me backside to help the community out! Cheesy

I've a pair of 2 door rear wings, a pair of 2 door sills, a new door skin which I've forgotten which side it is but i'm sure the new door I have is the opposite side, so maybe that would do for the opposite side skin.
I've got other panels which could be useful as well but as mentioned above, the door skins and the rear wings are the panels that are needed the most.
This will make me tidy up the back of the garage which I've needed to do for around 7 years. Grin

I'll pm you my details so we can get things sorted out.
I'm based in Huddersfield which is 2 to 3 hours from where you are.

Cheers,
Wayne. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:22:59 PM by hicky131 » Logged

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
Sev131

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »

Hi Jon,

I've got quite a few 2 door panels which you're welcome to copy from. I've been away from the scene for quite a while now, so I think it's about time I got off me backside to help the community out! Cheesy

Good to see you back, about time Wink

Now let's see some pictures of your recent new arrival then? Smiley
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 09:33:20 PM »

Hi Jon,

Good to see you back, about time Wink

Now let's see some pictures of your recent new arrival then? Smiley

I might be going to work in it tomorrow, so I'll get some pics of it then in the daylight. Smiley

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
cypriot

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 07:19:44 PM »

Hi, I have started re producing body panels for lancia deltas as the panels are very low on the ground and many cars are being scrapped with there being no replacement panels to keep the cars on the road. I also do a lot of panels for hillman avengers and talbot sunbeam lotus.
Here is a link to a few of my panels:
http://www.lanciasport.com/forum/index.php?topic=3013.45

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221326975536?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have got a few new old stock panels and templates ive made up for various panels around the car for the lancia delta evo and intergrale. While im growing the range of panels each month for the deltas I would like to be able to fabricate 131 sills and other complete panels to help the 131 live on. If this is something that may be of intrest then i could do with some panels new or old to copy??
this is my business name and I do the body panels along with the everyday car repairs. Im based in staffordshire in the UK, but I've shipped various panels for deltas to places such as Norway, Spain Amsterdam etc so that isnt a problem. Let me know if anyone can help or I can help you??

www.jonsautos.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jonsautos

Hello,

As most of you post Yagmur could supply most of the parts BUT I dont know anybody who can supply doors or door skins for Racing / Mirafiorisport / Abarth models for a reasonable price. Also rear 1/4 panels for those mentioned model.

I should mentioned that in my restoration project the worst parts were the doors which I couldnt find any yo replace them.

Jon, if you can manufacture at least door skins (in my opinion easiest parts) for reasonable cost I think you will have great market for them

Regards

Ali

Fiat 131 2.0 Racing LHD 1981 (Ex Rally car)
WR Ltd Edition

Mods:
Gr.4 Tarmac BodyKit
124 Abarth cyl head
High Comp. Pistons
4-1 Header
H?rmann Intake Manifold
Weber 40 IDF Carbs
GC Spec FW
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.