Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 12:22:17 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Kyosho 131 diecast Models
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kyosho 131 diecast Models  (Read 2748 times)
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« on: December 24, 2008, 09:37:12 PM »

My birthday next month, thought the detail on these Models was fantastic.
I believe they also do other 131 rally variants but seem quite hard to get in UK ?

http://www.model-car-world.co.uk/Product.aspx?product=ky8372b

mclements131

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:57:13 PM »

best model ever thass look the muts nuts  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
parrish

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 11:33:41 AM »

Merry Christmas,
lovely looking model, but can someone explain to me the silver anti roll bar looking hose/bar that is forward of the radiator in the engine bay?
Ive compared a lot of engine shots i have and i cant see any relation to that item?
its almost as if the anti roll bar has been installed topside!!!!!
regards
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 07:29:44 PM »

I agree there are some engine shots in the recent Graham Robson book which clearly show two forms of strut bracing ( cannot copy due to copyright infringement)
One seems to show a strut brace mounted on a bracket just off the suspension top mount with the forward angled bracing coming off the horizontal brace itself and onto the front panel just forward of radiator.
Second shows another where both struts fix separately again just off the strut mount by separate bolts. Again appears to be a box section made up in one shot where both locate again onto a box section near to top mount.
What the silver struts are in the model is a mystery serving no useful purpose.

I presume the whole idea of these bracings is to give rigidity across the body which flexes during hard cornering, I'm no engineer, the whole linked suspension of the 131 rally cars is an art form from what I can see.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.