Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:32:10 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  More questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More questions  (Read 2409 times)
Sean

« on: August 26, 2009, 10:58:16 PM »

So I've been looking around and researching like a mad man.

Here in the states it's damn near impossible to find 4x98 wheels.  I'm considering changing axles to one with a 4x100 bolt pattern.  I've found a ton of axles that use the 4x100 bolt pattern.  I've also read (here I think) that others have swapped out their axles.  What are some of the things I need to consider when choosing axles for the car.  I think were I live I'll be able to find some old toyota, volvo, and bmw axles. 

My steering wheel is cracked.  Where can I source a replacement at a good price?  It doesn't have to be original, I'm not restoring her true, she'll be customized a bit.

I'm also having trouble finding auto paint.  I've been told by three people that I should find deltron, but I can't find any suppliers.  I'm also looking for new carpeting, the previous owner cut the carpeting in two places and it looks bad.

Still looking for someone who would like to swap bumpers.  I really want the sport bumpers and arches, replicas or original so long as the price is good.  They don't have to be pretty, but they do have to be restorable. 

I don't want the trim on my car.  I'm pulling it off, if someone wants it make me an offer.  I'm not looking for a goldmine, but shipping across the lake will probably be a bit.  I'm also going to be pulling the smog filter off and the air filter holder.  They're up for grabs as well.  The air filter holder will need a bit of welding or a rubber sleeve.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:12:16 PM »

Try wobble bolts if you want to fit 4X100 wheels. What trim are you selling?

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Sean

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:41:45 PM »

Yeah I've looked into wobbly nuts, but have heard that it's rough on the axles and wheels because it causes the car to run just off from a perfect circle, a bit elliptical. 

The trim that runs the length of the body on each side of the car.  It's there in case someone opens their car door into your car.  I want my body a bit cleaner.  My trim is that black plastic crap with the chrome-like strip in the middle.  Again, I'll sell for cheap.  I've had a lot of luck meeting up with very generous people when it comes to this car.  Karma would kick my ass if I tried to rip people off with the parts I don't want/need.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.