Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:52:14 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131  (Read 7257 times)
mick131

« on: January 07, 2013, 10:22:48 AM »

Hi everyone. Not posted on here for a very, very long time  Shocked, so just wanted to begin with wishing everyone a Happy New Year and good health throughout.

Main reason for this post is I haven't spent any time on my 131 for over 3 years with this last post, so am thinking of letting her go  Sad

http://www.131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=2591.0

I have lots of spares to go with her, lights, front grills, the replica tarmac kit with fibreglass doorskins, 8" BWA alloys x 4, 2 x gearboxes, rollcage, a series 1 NOS rear panel, a NOS front upper panel and lots more.

The car has been modified to accept the rear arches and the BMW diff/independant rear suspension. It could be returned to standard if needs be but would require 2 x rear wings, inner wheel arch extending and would need coilovers also for the rear.

The thing is I dont know the value of the whole package, so has anyone any ideas ??.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
mick131

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »

No one..no one has any opinion at all  Huh.

Mick Wilson
mirafiori76

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:40:39 PM »

Hi Mick,

I'm happy to reply to you. First i must be honest to say i missed this topic in the last few days, so sorry for that.

The reason you haven't got any replies thus far can lie in a lot of things. I'm not going to speak for all the other members (everybody for himself in this case). But reading your first add doesn't bring a smile on my face. You haven't been here for quite a time. Then you say you are stopping your project and last your car is..."wrecked".
Sorry for that last one, but that's how i see it. Unless anybody wants to make himself a copy of an Abarth (some call it wrecklica) then your car isn't interesting. You did some modifications and sure some were probably necessary, but it isn't original anymore. And therefor not easy to sell.
Just my humble opinion. No offence meant.

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »

Personally,

If you're looking to sell it place an ad in the for sale section.

Recent pictures of the car and parts included with a detailed description of the condition and the work that's been done so far.

If you're not sure what it's worth just ask for offers. Any two door shell is probably going to be pretty sought after to be honest. I have people asking me if i know of any for sale quite regularly Wink

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
mirafiori76

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »

I have people asking me if i know of any for sale quite regularly Wink
[/quote]

To build themselves a repli-ybncgdkbyugvdkyugscbhgsygkcugbnvsdusg-thingy  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »

What people in Europe need to realise is that it's very hard to find an original RHD 2 door shell in the UK. They just don't come up for sale now very often.

We also tend to do lots of boywork modifications and restoration over here so changing things (or putting them back to standard) doesn't put many people off.

Also buying from Europe is much more expensive as you can't just drive your truck or trailer down the road to get it like you can in Europe.

When a 2 door 131 comes up for sale in the UK they usually sell pretty easily Smiley

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
mirafiori76

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 11:16:20 PM »

Here on the main land it's not easy either. Every now eand then a 2-door comes up for sale. But mostly those are too good to be scrapped or to be converted in something ugly. Therefor the price is high and not easely to be sold. 1600CL's are easier. Sometimes a Super.
I offered my Walter Rohrl many times, but due to inflation and depression people won't pay the price it's worth. Embarrassed

mick131

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »

Mike - No offence taken by your reply, that's exactly the kind of input I wanted. There is very little, in my opinion, to return the car to standard.

Dave -The reason that I haven't gone into great detail and put a post in the for sale section, is that I don't know if I do want to sell  Roll Eyes but guess I would if I got the right offer that would allow me to purchase another less labour intensive project. Hope that makes sense  Grin, oh and thanks for the PM mate.

Mick Wilson
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »

Hi Mick,

Great to see you posting up again - even if it is to test the water regarding selling your machine. Undecided

Times are hard for many at the moment and needs must - but sad to see you parting with it all the same.

Cheers

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
mick131

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »

Hi Simon, thanks for the kind comments.

I don't want to sell it really but if I'm not working on it I cant just let it sit there. I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for a lot of things lately..guess I'm getting old  Shocked.

Mick Wilson
williefiat

Fiat fun

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 10:25:59 PM »

Hi All.
Mick not to worry your not getting OLD ;.It is just a Phase your going through.If you get rid of your Project
make sure you replace it with another 131 with not much work to be done.I would be lost and maybe feel
OLD if i had no Fiats to play with. Cool.
    Willie.
mick131

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 11:38:25 PM »

Thanks for those words Willie  Grin

It's the fact there is still a lot of work to do to mine that's making me think about selling, if it was nearer completion then I might not be.

Mick Wilson
hammerbeirne

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 01:34:40 PM »

Sometimes I find the way to work on a car resto is start and finish one section at a time that is weld grind seal or whatever and get that part into primer means you havent to go near it again until its time to give the next coat of primer when your doing the complete car And you will see progress Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.