Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:57:57 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  20k for a Sport.....!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 20k for a Sport.....!  (Read 12839 times)
sid131

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 04:47:36 PM »

Albert one rust bucket is enough lol sorry ex-rust bucket, rust almost all gone & most of the car ha ha ha , maby i will call her the Rustiest Lady.
sid131

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »

Hector no bother spending big dough on cutting & grinding discs they are 3-5 euro each, i built up a collection know what i mean? would hate to be buying them! i have an air saw thats a great tool to have in your collection also!
theredx19
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »

Sid would you not sell some to Hector and then you could buy this 131  Roll Eyes
sid131

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 10:39:29 PM »

Dave nowt for sale here anymore sid the hoarder ltd lol!
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 07:26:33 PM »

I just wanted to show that 20K seems quite a bit too overpriced for me. I expect also nobody pays 10K for a Racing(yet) or it should be new from the box.

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
theredx19
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 08:22:03 PM »

But this is the thing 5 years ago what was the price on an abarth and now even a rough one seems to command a premium.....
sid131

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 09:38:42 PM »

Albert & Dave good clean restored properly all rust gone gone & treated 131 sport/racings will go up in value, they have to because imo the not so well done ones will become a burden & scrapped or abandoned through time, & these yokes being so rare to start off with! so i think that its a investment to do one properly & only one unless you have pots of cash doing nothing.
theredx19
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »

If Fiat bring out a model that plays on the memories of the 131 20k for a good rust free example will be considered cheap sure look at how the prices of the 500's went on the launch of the new version....
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »

so rare to start off with!

Unfortunately rarity does not equate to high values. Look at Lancia Gammas, only a handful left, but still worth nothing  Cry  And look at my recently acquired Trevi. Just six left in the UK and apparently mine is the only automatic so you can't get much rarer than that but still worth nothing  Cry  But that suits me fine because it means I can afford to have special rare cars that are not only a superb pleasure to own and drive but also don't get lost is Sainsbury's car park when I go shopping. Many years ago in the very early 90s I had to drive around in a Ford Orion for a couple of months  (don't ask!  Shocked it was a bad time...  Sad  )  and I felt terrible not just because it was a terrible car but also because I was driving something so common. In fact every single person that saw me in that car, regardless of whether they knew me or not said "that car doesn't suit you"  Roll Eyes  Mind you, the stereo in that Orion was superb.  Grin Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
theredx19
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »

God I remember when a Gamma was worth money but that was when we had a brand new one 2.5 injection and back then the road tax was heavy on a big car and she was parked beside our new black 127 sport but who said the early 80's were bad times...
sid131

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 10:14:35 PM »

Lancia gammas?? who cares?  Fiat 131 sports are a sought after car & people have very fond memories of them they were the biz back in the day & thats why a 131 sport will always be worth money, mention a 131 sport to blokes in their 40s & see the reaction, where as a lancia gam i didnt know what that was only that you have one Theo.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.