Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:37:18 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Spray Painting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spray Painting  (Read 12469 times)
sid131

« on: November 07, 2009, 12:15:52 PM »

Hi Kevin as the car is silver it would be very difficult to match the paint so it would really need a full respray & thats 2 grand + so it would turn out expensive enough.
djape1977

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 03:25:02 PM »

that enterior is velour just diferent pattern. as for the respray, go to germany, buy a car, drive it down south to srbia and get it fully resprayed here for 1.000e. i might even trow in a full engine service for that price, new sparkplugs, filters, oil, cambelt and tensioner. it can all be done in 4-5 working days, using maxmeyer or spieshecker paint. if you want it painted in some other colour, than consider couple days longer and about 200e extra
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 03:27:46 PM by djape1977 » Logged

get a bigger hammer!
eugene

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 04:13:03 PM »

djape,you forgot to mention,that Kev will have 1000euro left over,so i presume that could be used as spending money on a holiday to Serbia,as the respray would be costing 2000euro in Eire Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »

that enterior is velour just diferent pattern. as for the respray, go to germany, buy a car, drive it down south to srbia and get it fully resprayed here for 1.000e. i might even trow in a full engine service for that price, new sparkplugs, filters, oil, cambelt and tensioner. it can all be done in 4-5 working days, using maxmeyer or spieshecker paint. if you want it painted in some other colour, than consider couple days longer and about 200e extra

Hi DJAPE - That's a great offer - Does it include accomadation and food for the week?  Grin Does the different colour include a full strip down and engine out? If it does that's a fantastic deal!! Shocked

Seriously it is good but I have my heart set on an original car in peak condition. Maybe I will not achieve that .....but I can hope. Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
djape1977

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 07:44:11 PM »

don't push it  Grin . accomodation is cheap anyways...  Roll Eyes
yes, different colour does include engine and everything from the engine bay and boot out. that's why 200extra and couple more days. if you stick with the same colour, than glasses and everything on the outside of the car goes off.

get a bigger hammer!
sid131

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 07:48:47 PM »

Hi djape & Kevin something like a respray that takes under a week on a classic car is just Huh the proper silver paint for this car would cost a grand, i said 2 grand + meaning for a proper better than factory job 2750 to 3000 yokies, the owner of the car i am working on paid ?6k for his paint job on his last resto, but its a matter of taste in the end & knowing a good paint job from a reasonable one! or a bad one ie damage to laquer kev.
djape1977

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »

@sid131 - frankly, i think you're underestimating how low wages can be. just remember how much did the paintjob cost in eire 15 years ago, before EU.
why you think a respray in a week is a problem? if we're talking about 132 in good condition it means no rust problems to solve... two guys who worked on fiats all their lives can strip a car in a matter of hours, not days. same two guys need no more than two days for fixing small dents and sanding and primer. one day for respray and paint drying, one day for polishing and one or two days for putting it all back together. it's just a 132 we're talking about, not something curvy and complicated.
this yoke had a 250 euro paintjob, paint, primer and fillers included

and if you don't believe it, wait and see till my 131 is done. i'm going for a 1000euro paintjob for it.
also, i believe that Yagmur in turkey could provide the same, only problem being that he's 1500kms further away

@kev 131 - btw, i don't think you'll be able to find a flawless example at all. every single 132 i've ever seen had something that needed to be sorted. i'd rather buy a 3000 euro car and invest another 2000 to make it perfect than buy a 5000euro car just to find i have to spend another 1000 to fix all the little bits and bobs
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:09:49 PM by djape1977 » Logged

get a bigger hammer!
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 08:11:52 PM »

Sounds like I should have taken my Gamma to Serbia  Undecided If they can respray a car in a week I am sure they could fix a few rusty bits and respray in a couple of weeks. I've been without my Gamma since January  Shocked and it doesn't look like I'll have it back before January 2010  Cry  And I very much enjoyed my short stay in Serbia in 2007 especially the food! yum yum ...  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
djape1977

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 08:39:03 PM »

i would be glad to do some work for any of you guys.  Wink
here's some examplesof cars done in past 2 yrs:

this one was 800e bodywork and paintjob. and it was seriously rotten

just a paintjob, 400e

a paintjob, 200e

we had some leftover paint  Grin

450e. rust patch up, paintjob, all the extras fitting

400e. repair and paintjob. that black is actually metallic

get a bigger hammer!
eugene

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 10:21:28 PM »

Shall we cancel going to Germany for3ma2010 and instead go to Serbia Undecided Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.Djape,you may become the future Minister for Tourism in Serbia Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.So lets go to Serbia for a extra week in 2010 and get all our 131s resprayed Cool  Cool Grin Wink.Must say that LADA niva looks well Cool.Also djape,your Lada is not a yoke,it's a very nice car. ;)Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
sid131

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 08:13:20 AM »

Hi djape i love the use of the word yoke, ok so wages are cheap in serbia? well also pretty cheap here at the moment thats if you are lucky enough to have wages, thats some work you have done there to the cars but i know someone that does that also only they just do the cars & out the door not saying anything bad about your work ok!
the 132 respray there will be rust & it will have to be cut out & replaced & then filled & primed which will sink & leave marks so classic cars should be left until this happens & then painted, thats how my toyota was done & my 131 will be also, but the silver paint alone for that 132 will cost at least ?750 so???your prices do you steal the paint?? lol! & what about water based as we now have do you have in serbia yet?
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 10:26:47 AM »

Solvent based paints can still be used on vehicles over 30 years old in the EU. As Serbia is not yet in the EU I would guess that they can still use solvent based paints on all cars.

Don't get me started on that water based stuff the whole thing is a big joke!!!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
djape1977

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »

Shall we cancel going to Germany for3ma2010 and instead go to Serbia Undecided Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.Djape,you may become the future Minister for Tourism in Serbia Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.So lets go to Serbia for a extra week in 2010 and get all our 131s resprayed Cool  Cool Grin Wink.Must say that LADA niva looks well Cool.Also djape,your Lada is not a yoke,it's a very nice car. ;)Eugene
hopefully i wont become Minister for Tourism ever. i don't have the gut for politics.
thanks for kind words about lada's. my lada is a guinney pig for my ideas, as well as an everyday locksmiths vehicle. i do aprox 30k kms per year in it, and it's far from ideal condition.
i can't promise more than one car at a time for repairs and paintjob. at least not one per week.

Hi djape i love the use of the word yoke, ok so wages are cheap in serbia? well also pretty cheap here at the moment thats if you are lucky enough to have wages, thats some work you have done there to the cars but i know someone that does that also only they just do the cars & out the door not saying anything bad about your work ok!
the 132 respray there will be rust & it will have to be cut out & replaced & then filled & primed which will sink & leave marks so classic cars should be left until this happens & then painted, thats how my toyota was done & my 131 will be also, but the silver paint alone for that 132 will cost at least €750 so???your prices do you steal the paint?? lol! & what about water based as we now have do you have in serbia yet?

one of you guys explained the word "yoke" to me, so i incorporated it into my limited knowlege of english.

wages? let's just say that 500e per month is considered a decent wage.

quality of work? well, my lada still hasn't bubbled up, two years after the patch up and respray. and it's a daily driver, snow salt and everything. that pic of a green beetle was taken a year after it's been resprayed, and the car was outside, dissasembled and exposed to elements the whole time.

132: i agree that an old car should be driven for a year at least before respray. that's exactly what i have done with my 131. rust appeater everywhere it was going to appear, so when i started to work on it, i had much better indication where the problem areas were. HOWEVER, in past decades, several tousands of used cars were imported from germany and switzerland to serbia and my experience with those cars is excellent. i've never seen a car from germany with problems covered up. you always get what you expect from them. when they tell you that they'll take photos of all problem areas, that's exactly what you get. this particular 132, silver one, looks excellent for it's age and i expect 90% rust free car. only place on earth i would rather import the car from is switzerland. their cars are absolute top notch! much higher maintanance standards than anywher in EU, even than germany.

metallic paints are from 30e per set (1l paint, thiner, hardener) for "Body" (made in grece) up to 100e per set for spieshecker, lechler and other high quality stuff. from my experience, for 70-80e per set you get good quality.
water based paints are available but i haven't used them yet. not obligatory by law, as serbia is not yet in EU, we still use solvent based paint

get a bigger hammer!
sid131

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »

good man djape so your cost of living must be a lot lower than ours here my mortgage payments on our house are around ?900 a month, so no point in working for nothing? i will price paint here this week just to double check but i know its very expensive.
hammerbeirne

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »

Djapel are there many of those oval windowed beetles in serbia and what sort of a price range are they
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.