Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:42:12 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Lancia Trevi - UK ebay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lancia Trevi - UK ebay  (Read 12432 times)
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« on: October 23, 2010, 06:56:55 AM »

Smiley I don't know much about these cars but think it has a twin cam engine, its the dash that catches the eye - fantastic design, btw what are all those holes for ? seems a fair price for a scarce car.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1983-LANCIA-TREVI-BROWN-/120637245551?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c168a486f
mirafiori76

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:13:19 AM »

Yes, it has a TC engine.
All those holes are for switches and warning/control lights. Not all of them are used though. I had the privilege once to drive one, fantastic.

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
106usj

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 08:14:05 AM »

This one was for sale back in the summer time.
I think there is a post on here about it back then too.
A good looking example.
Sev131

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 09:23:23 AM »

This one was for sale back in the summer time.
I think there is a post on here about it back then too.
A good looking example.

That's right. Mag featured too!
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:05:49 AM »

A friend of mine had one once. Would love this but alas no money or space at the moment! Cry

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
david

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 01:34:32 PM »

I know where there is one of these if anybody needs spares, its on an X reg so 1982 and its been sitting outside for 19 or 20 years but I am sure there are some salvagable spares ?  Phone JOE on 01293 871221   he also has a lancia fulvia but thats been outside for 27 years that I know of and a Beta saloon which is somewhere under a hawthorn bush.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:38:30 PM by david » Logged
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 12:33:33 AM »

As a Trevi owner for over a year and a half, I now consider myself a bit of a Trevi expert so just ask if you want to know anything  Wink In fact my Trevi was my daily driver for a large part of this year and it covered 8000 miles between MOT tests.

Yes, all Trevis had 'Fiat' twin cam engines. There was a 100bhp 1585cc unit in the base models. The 1995cc models had 115bhp with carburettor  or 122bhp with Bosch fuel injection. The Trevi was also the first Lancia to use the Volumex compressor with 135bhp in the 1995cc Trevi VX. Trevis are essentially a Beta Berlina with a boot. In fact up to the C Pillar the Trevi and the S3 Berlina are the same. In all countries except for the UK the Trevi was sold as the "Lancia Beta Trevi" with the ? sign on the boot lid and C pillars. But in the UK after all the bad publicity that the Betas had in the press they decided to drop the ? from all the Betas and sold them as models in their own right with the Trevi known simply as the "Lancia Trevi" and was devoid of any ? signs. My car had the bootlid changed with one from the Netherlands so it's quite unique in the UK not only for being the only surviving automatic Trevi but also for being the only UK right-hand-drive Trevi with a ? sign on the bootlid  Cheesy Grin

The car for sale on ebay has a 1995cc twin cam with carburettor. Here's a photo of the actual engine bay of the car for sale on ebay.

I had the opportunity to have a good look at the car now for sale on ebay back in August of this year during the 'Beta Meeta' meeting of Betas in Somerset. Here's a photo of the car for sale next to mine  Cheesy

It's a lovely car having had both mechanical and body restoration a couple of years ago. The car is not perfect but then gain it's not for sale at a high price either. In fact it cost a lot more to restore than the price it is being offered at the moment so I think it's a bit of a bargain. It's a series 1 Trevi (easily identified by the horizontal slats in the C pillar - Series 2 cars have vertical slats) which means it has the plain 'minimalist' door cards with the hidden catches to open the doors; confuses everyone and they say "how do you get out of here?". In fact I gave my boss a lift home in the Trevi and he said "I don't like that; what if you fell in a lake and you had to get out of the car fast"  Huh To which I replied, "I'll do my best not to drive into any lakes"  Grin Grin

The dashboard, designed by Mario Bellini,  is the most well known part of the car. Even though it was first used in the Series 3 Beta Berlina it's still known as the "Trevi dash"

It's certainly a case of "form over function" but it's a nice piece of art and a nice dashboard to be behind while driving a car! It's also a lot lower than dashboards in other cars. The larger holes nearer the steering wheel are switches and the smaller holes furthest from the steering wheel are warning lights. The large circular 'knob' at the bottom of the dashboard is the heater temperature control and it is vacuum operated so when the heater is turned off with the small push button further up the dashboard, the temperature knob turns off as if by magic!

I very much like the quirkiness of the Trevi and its somewhat strange looks have grown on me to the point that I think it looks great. And it's a great car to drive even though totally different to driving a 131. But if the Trevi is to be compared to a Fiat of the times it should be the 132 and not a 131.

So who out there is brave enough to be different enough and go for the Trevi  Grin Huh

The rest of my 'Beta Meeta' photos with several photographs of the Trevi for sale can be seen at http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy292/Thotos/Beta%20Meeta%20Plus/?albumview=slideshow

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:41:57 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 06:45:03 PM »

I own already 2 of these great cars Theo Grin

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
curt

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 07:33:34 PM »

Now how did I guess you two would get involved in this subject  Grin Grin
Good to hear your typing Theo - and albert - please dont be converted to lancia - you already own enough 131s to make us all jealous  Grin Grin

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 01:20:13 AM »

I own already 2 of these great cars Theo Grin

I know you have a Trevi VX Albert but I don't think I knew you had 2 of them  Undecided  Mind you, I'm currently the highest bidder on the ebay Trevi so I may have two of them soon too! But no, I don't need another Trevi....

Curt, I think it's too late for Albert, he already has more Lancias than I do!  Grin  But I think we are safe; Albert's love for the 131 will never be diluted regardless of how many other cars he has  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »

Curt, don,t worry about my 131 fever, I am afraid it will stay forever with me.
Theo, the other one is a partscar with a mint interior and low mileage. That,s why I still keep it, you know one time........

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »

What are you going to do with two Trevis Theo?  Huh

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:23 AM »

What are you going to do with two Trevis Theo?  Huh

.... says the man with how many 131s?  Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »

What are you going to do with two Trevis Theo?  Huh

That has got to be the best question of 2010!  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Wink

It could even be the name of a song...!  Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »

Grin Grin

Two Trevis look good together  Wink

There was a man who once went to Nantucket
He was old but not yet kicked the bucket
He had two Trevis and neither of them made a racket
He enjoyed them both and they didn't cost a packet
He was known as The Man with two Trevis
and was respected for it from Land's End to Ben Nevis

Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:21:49 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.