Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:56:32 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Sun Viser
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sun Viser  (Read 3252 times)
keiran

« on: October 18, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

Hello All,

Just a quick question.
I have been striping the interior out of my sport and have found a disc with loads of differant times on it and for the life of me I cant figure out what its for unless its suppossed to be something to do with rallying?
Anyone know?

Keiran
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 05:56:45 PM »

I'm guessing it's a parking disc for a disc parking scheme? We have one here in Carlisle.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »

Nothing to do with rallying at all I'm afraid. It's a parking time indicator, as mirafioriman very correctly pointed out,  which is needed in Italy. When you park in certain places in Italian cities where parking time is limited, you need to display the time you parked. Most people in Italy have clip-on indicators which they fit to their visors or even stick-ons that stick to the windscreen. In the photo below that Kevin took of the Trevi in Italy you can see such a stick-on parking indicator. Fiat obviously thought it was wise to have them fitted as part of the visors of the 131 Sport. Strange really because all other models of the 131 don't have them.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
wak131

OOo ///// oOO

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »

I have the time indicator too in 1978 MK2 Super. It took me a while till i guessed what is it for:)
 I?ll make a photo tomorrow.

131 enthusiast from Prague. ?78 Super 1600, ?82 CL 1600, ex ?82 Super 2000
Robert

Hasta la victoria siempre!

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 07:24:22 AM »

When you park in certain places in Italian cities where parking time is limited, you need to display the time you parked.

Not only in Italy. On the Continent, as you islanders (and, Theo, you are 2 times an islander  Grin) call it. Where you drive on the correct side of the road.  Grin  Grin Incidentally, most of us do have this handy dandy blue indicator card in the glove box  Cool

Current motors: Fiat 131 Sport 2000TC "WR Replica" 1978, Fiat Dino 2400 BC 1972, Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1974, Mercedes-Benz 560SEL 1987, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 24V 1999, Volvo V70 T5 2000 ("VascoExpress")
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.