Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:03:16 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Another 131 For sale UK ebay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another 131 For sale UK ebay  (Read 17446 times)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:27:26 PM »

I don't think people are making unfounded comments, I just think we are all advising caution. If you have not seen the car yourself can you be truly satisfied that it really is worth a lot of money. The sad fact is that these Fiats rust and can rust badly. I have seen many cars which on close inspection are indeed rusty and often when they at first looked like excellent cars. I hope this car really is a good one, but personally I would not be willing to spend the kind of money being talked about here without seeing it in person. If you spend a couple of hundred on a car and it turns out to be rusty (like my 130 which is much rustier than I first thought despite gaining a genuine MOT without much welding shortly after I got it) it is not the end of the world, however, if you have just spent top mone you would be rather more upset!

If you are after a good 131 four door I would certainly recommend considering this one, just make sure you see it first. A couple of hundred spent on travelling to see it is much better than taking a chance on wasting thousands in my opinion.

On a similar note I have had two people contact me recently who are interested in getting a 131. I have pointed them in the direction of this ebay car, if anyone else is selling their 131 let me know and I will put you in contact with them.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
markwilliams131

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »

here here well said dave 

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
brensport
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »

Which Dave are you agreeing with Mark  Undecided Undecided Wink
theredx19
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 06:35:21 PM »

Well Dave I dont think anyone is mad enough to buy without seeing it in person but I bought my 124 that way as I asked the vendor like anyone would to send me photos of any rust before flying to Italy and all I got was a photo of rust on the rear exhaust. When I put the car up on his ramp it was as described rust free and all original metal work on it and brensport will back me up on it. We do need to show caution when parting with our cash but then if somebody has said they have put alot of effort into a car should we automatically assume they are telling non truths each time  Shocked Shocked Shocked
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »

Smiley Hi everyone, its my birthday today !!!! I'm a little under 60 ? well 3 years or less anyway.
The Alfa Alfetta saloon has had to go.......today with tears in my eyes, my wife thinks I must be mad. I've saved the lovely Campagnola alloys as PCD is same for the 131 I think.
Wanted to say since losing my 9-5 have had to turn to taxi driving so you all know the rub...long unsocial hours, drunks, agro, runners etc etc. but helps pay the bills.

Now, I wanted to say something.....I searched for a 131 for all the wrong reasons all those 15+ years ago, I ran a 73 Midget & using a Fiat T/C engine is one conversion ( not often done )
Pranged  the MG big time so enjoyed driving the 131 so much just had to keep her as my everyday car for 5 years or more.

Simon, in my FTCR days as secretary you were so obviously a fanatic of the marque, well respected etc. & as you state within FMC circles (write that book)I know the register went through changes, we thought at that time to progress and encompass the more recent models with TC derivative engines, perhaps in hind sight the direction was not entirely right, but in life as in business if you stagnate then eventually you may........ well ?
I hope my Uncles old 131, for I am certain it was his car, finds another caring owner, as it "appears" to have been brought back to life at considerable cost, so another saved...........as for price that is in my opinion not relevant.
If you have the money and want something buy at your own peril, for my sons 21st a few weeks back I bought him a series 1 1965 MGB GT. wince............and blind....it is all as was described by the enthusiast owner...........so for now no regrets...........??
I did try to convince him I knew of a nice Giulia ti saloon for a little more..oh well.

This Forum achieves so much worldwide and without one hopes all of the politics that can fester in clubs with financial responsibilities / committees etc.

Lets keep it light, informative, fun and most of all with one common purpose keeping alive as many 131,s as possible with spares knowledge sharing etc.

To all of the hardworking members that keep this going - well done, during difficult times last year it was for me at least a saviour.

Well I'm off now for another 10 hour shift until 1.00am.

My 131 emerges.........soon, promise but,sadly I,ve decided not to go for this one..and concentrate on getting mine back on the road so watch this space. Cheesy

simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »

Many, many congratulations on your birthday Ian Wink. It's shame that you have to work though isn't it? Roll Eyes

I am chuffed that in some small way this forum has been a high point over the last 'low' year for you. This is after all what we are all about here.? Grin

Unfortunately, as with all things, if you are prepared to stand up and be counted someone with take a pot shot at you, if for no other reason than they can! I have often been 'shot at', even on these pages, for making a comment that a person has taken the wrong way and it can be very hurtful.

Theo, Kevin and I set this forum up to promote what we hoped would be an annual 131 gathering (3MA) and along the way we seem to have gathered momentum, with the number of forum members far exceeding our expectations, and we've made a great many new friends along the way, as well as re-newing old acquaintances (like you and I Ian). Grin Cool

Unfortunately, the bigger a club or 'community' grows the less likely it is that all the members share the same view, and the more difficult it can be to provide the 'glue' that holds the thing together. The 'glue' in this 'community' though is the Fiat 131 and I'm certain that all of the members of this forum live for the model - despite any misconceived view to the contrary.

I am sorry that you've decided now not to try to buy your Uncle's Super. It would have been nice for you to have it.? Cry But look on the bright side, you can now concentrate on your own car - and get her back on the road for the coming season.

The last few years with this forum have been a roller coaster, a few ups and downs, but always at the end of the day great fun and something that I can't get off. The ride keeps running and the number of passengers keeps increasing - and long may that continue. Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
curt

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 04:27:30 PM »

Here Here -Well said Simon-even though  I may not have a 131 (yet) I thoroughly enjoy reading all the posts and pictures  that are sent from all members around the world on this fabulous car  Grin Grin
If it was not for you ,Theo and Kevin and all the other guys what on earth would I read at the weekend  Grin Grin
Keep up the good work and never get dis-heartened by the pot shotters who do not appreciate the time and energy you guys all contribute to make this forum what it is

Im sure that all fellow forum members would agree with me - and if not then they can forumate somewhere else  Grin Grin

Good Work you guys

Keep it going

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 04:32:12 PM »

Smiley Hi everyone, its my birthday today !!!!

Happy Birthday !!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 05:35:22 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
curt

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 04:37:25 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to you Ian? Grin Grin Grin
Did you get furry 131 dice for your car ?
or better still a new 131 on your driveway? Grin Grin
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:51:09 PM by curt » Logged

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »

Well, it made ?2450. Well short of what we were told the owner wanted for it. I think it made a decent price for a 4 door. Will be interesting to see if it gets re-listed or if the owner decides to keep it.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 06:22:20 PM »

That is a v good price for a 4 door. I hope it is genuine and reflects the increased values of these cars - There is always a risk that bidders on Ebay are not genuine though!!? Huh

Happy Birthday Ian - Hope the shift work is not too onerous...!

Curt - Thanks for the kind words and encouragement on the forum - The success of the forum will be down to demand from members which thankfully seems quite healthy at the moment.? Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
markwilliams131

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 08:27:40 PM »

it was a genuine bid  Wink Wink

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »

I see - Do tell us more...!  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
theredx19
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 09:20:55 PM »

If you have to worry how much the car costs you A, cant afford it or B, just want to make some money off it, just buy a car because you love it be ruled by your heart and not your head Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 09:30:57 PM »

If you have to worry how much the car costs you A, cant afford it or B, just want to make some money off it, just buy a car because you love it be ruled by your heart and not your head Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Not sure I totally agree with you there Dave. Isn't it possible to follow both and end up with the ideal result...? My heart motivated me to look seriously for a Sport for 6 years, my head told me to discount everything that didn't meet the condition/cost mix I had set!? Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.