Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:40:53 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  sport on ebay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: sport on ebay  (Read 17806 times)
Rob 131

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 05:06:52 AM »

16K for a restored Sport would be a serious cost  Shocked Shocked and would rule me out of such a vehicle especially when the above auction results are considered  Undecided.

However, if you are doing it for the love of the vehicles and are fortunate enough (definitely not me  Undecided Cry) not to have to consider the economics of the end result, then why not  Smiley Wink.

Surely classic cars are about preserving vehicles, enjoying them and not doing it to make money  Smiley

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
david

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 08:38:19 AM »

I wish I had a barn and had put the sports I had scrapped in it as I would be rolling in it now.
131 sports were going for next to nothing in the late eighties into the nineties, I know I bought a lot of them up Grin
williefiat

Fiat fun

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 08:48:11 PM »

Hi Lads.
Barry you really got a hot topic going.First of all hope i don't offend anyone as some of you know i often
go on ranting Grin.So here goes it's gone to the stage as Devon Dave said 6k might be a fair price but
with only 32k on clock what would be the end result if someone done all the work themself,as i have a
friend who is just after saving one of my cars from going to Fiat Heaven.When i gave him the car it did
not look too bad boy was i wrong to cut a very long story short when he found all that was wrong we
sat down i was willing to break car :(for parts he did not agree with me,answer was once i was willing
to let him do it in his own time and no time limit he made sills himself and any other panel i could not get
him a year later car back on road and done cheap.So maybe lads if right person gets the car it might not
turn out all that expensive.Don't forget as young Theo said Supply and Demand and as Jason said back
less than twenty years cars were very reasonable price wise so where will it end as the years go bye
cars get a lot scarser on the ground so as long as there are people like me and the rest of the Fiat
lovers out there we wont know where the top price is going to stop,and how many RHD are left,Sorry for
ranting on it's just i love the 131 and sorry i did not start driving them sooner.
      Willie.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.