Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:05:43 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  wanted 131 sport n/s door
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wanted 131 sport n/s door  (Read 18745 times)
cypriot

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »

Hi Pawel

Please put me in at least two set of doors

1- Cypriot (one set)
2- Heini131 (one set)
3- 131 Lover (one set)
3- Bubu125 (two set) 

Hey 131rally I hope see these posts Cool

Fiat 131 2.0 Racing LHD 1981 (Ex Rally car)
WR Ltd Edition

Mods:
Gr.4 Tarmac BodyKit
124 Abarth cyl head
High Comp. Pistons
4-1 Header
H?rmann Intake Manifold
Weber 40 IDF Carbs
GC Spec FW
131rally

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »

Looks like there is need for doorskins. I visited my friends machine shop. He has 200 tonn press which Im going to use for pressing the parts. Its five meters high, two meters wide and one meter deep. Large enough for pressing door skins. I will start making the molds straight away. Its pretty harsh tooling, it will weight atleast 100kg..  But once its done properly I can have them pressed pretty nicely. The good thing is I can make them from any soft metal, aluminum, mild steel and so on, propably also galvanized and/or zinc plated. The nice thing will be also that I can have them done with, or without the holes in the middle of the door. For Abarth without and for the others with the holes.

And "Cypriot", they will be 2d doors. I have one pair of 1975 doors, and one pair of Racing doors. I will measure them both to see if there are any differences. The mold will be CNC machined so I should be able to make exact pairs for left and right. If I start straight away, I may be able to press first door in two months  Undecided

If there is a forum member who has been working in metal pressing processes, contact through PM, all help will be appreciated.
Bubu125

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 11:24:56 AM »

Hello, something known in the subject door?
Bubu125

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 10:08:32 PM »

HuhHuh
mirafiori76

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 10:39:40 PM »

Bubu, why don't you try Tomasz (Walezy)? He produces doorskins in glassfibre. No rust  Smiley Or do you need complete doors?

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
Bubu125

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »

I know it does with plastic but I am looking for metal doors to 131 I'm not building a racing version only civil and wants as little as possible to have plastic components.
131rally

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »

Week ago I took my -75 door to 3D CAD pro, he will draw a door so I can have the pressings machined. I hope it will work out fine. Will take couple of months though, its going to cost a fortune to make them.
cypriot

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 05:50:15 PM »

Week ago I took my -75 door to 3D CAD pro, he will draw a door so I can have the pressings machined. I hope it will work out fine. Will take couple of months though, its going to cost a fortune to make them.

Hello,

Any news about door skins ? My vehicle will going to go the garage for paint next week if there will be aluminum or galvanized or standart metal I want to buy a pair set.

Please update us

Cyp

WR Ltd Edition

Mods:
Gr.4 Tarmac BodyKit
124 Abarth cyl head
High Comp. Pistons
4-1 Header
H?rmann Intake Manifold
Weber 40 IDF Carbs
GC Spec FW
131rally

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »

Yep, I have news. I took the door to a man who does 3d CAD files. The door was there for over a month and he didnt do anything. So, I made a lot of investigations and found a company which makes 3d scans for even car factories. I sent my best door to them yesterday. I hope I will get 3d scan and modelling next week. I will buy the CAD file from them too, so we will have  so good simulation of the door you can imagine  Grin Right after I have all the files, I will order the stampings from CNC machineshop. The whole process will cost thousand of ?, but if I want them to be correct, there is no other way.

At the same scanning they will scan and simulate the whole door, inside too. So, later I will make the insides also. And the whole door too. Hopefully you can understand how slow these things can be. To make it fast it would cost 50-150% more.

Though, Im thinking if I should make something smaller first. The stamping tools are so expensive I wouldnt like to make them twice. I would like you people tell me what is something worth making? And smaller than door. Ive been thinking to make C-pillar as a test, but I will listen you people too. This isnt my first pressing, Ive been pressing quite a lot of stuff, brackets, cups etc so I have a little knowledge from what Im doing. But nothing this magnitude earlier, and not by this method.
cypriot

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »

Yep, I have news. I took the door to a man who does 3d CAD files. The door was there for over a month and he didnt do anything. So, I made a lot of investigations and found a company which makes 3d scans for even car factories. I sent my best door to them yesterday. I hope I will get 3d scan and modelling next week. I will buy the CAD file from them too, so we will have  so good simulation of the door you can imagine  Grin Right after I have all the files, I will order the stampings from CNC machineshop. The whole process will cost thousand of ?, but if I want them to be correct, there is no other way.

At the same scanning they will scan and simulate the whole door, inside too. So, later I will make the insides also. And the whole door too. Hopefully you can understand how slow these things can be. To make it fast it would cost 50-150% more.

Though, Im thinking if I should make something smaller first. The stamping tools are so expensive I wouldnt like to make them twice. I would like you people tell me what is something worth making? And smaller than door. Ive been thinking to make C-pillar as a test, but I will listen you people too. This isnt my first pressing, Ive been pressing quite a lot of stuff, brackets, cups etc so I have a little knowledge from what Im doing. But nothing this magnitude earlier, and not by this method.

Hello,

Its good to hear that you didn't cancel manufacturing door skins, door skins and complete doors are the most desired parts which enthusiast couldnt find and every 131 racing owner will need at least door skin if they want to keep car in perfect condition.

Please let me know when you are ready to sell door skins

Cheers

Ali

WR Ltd Edition

Mods:
Gr.4 Tarmac BodyKit
124 Abarth cyl head
High Comp. Pistons
4-1 Header
H?rmann Intake Manifold
Weber 40 IDF Carbs
GC Spec FW
nob555

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »

I would just check that Kevin at RSD in Yorkshire isn't reproducing 'C' pillars? I had heard he is, plus I think he's doing ali door skins.
131rally

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »

Im well aware of both of these RSD items. Last time I heard the C-pillar was a partial piece for making 4d pillar look like 2d. What I was thinking was to make complete pressing of the original 2d pillar. That is a bit different thing. Forexample if you have crashed or rusty 2d C-pillar the complete pressing might be a better solution. And, ofcourse anyone can call to RSD for the parts, Im not telling you shouldnt.  Smiley

But, is there any other piece that is hard to get, and smaller than door?
sid131

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 08:42:58 AM »

Lots of panels are not avaliable i found it very hard to get a reasonably priced bootlid & bonnet for the ex green stink & only just sourced 2nd hand ones Wink
131rally

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 04:25:16 PM »

The door is now scanned and I have the first file. Next week they will make the CAD file. Then I can move on.
sid131

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »

So will you be able to supply new steel doors?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.