Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:37:50 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Janspeed exhaust
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Janspeed exhaust  (Read 18848 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 03:52:29 PM »

I've been in touch a couple of times regarding the Janspeed exhausts. It seems Martin is no longer the person responsible for these and a Matthew Gill (ext 201) has now taken over from Martin.

I spoke to Matt a few minutes ago and he told me that he has found the exhaust Mark sent them to use as a pattern but Matt thinks the exhaust is too damaged to be useful as a pattern. Janspeed no longer have their original patterns so they'd be looking into re-copying the original Fiat exhausts. I was asked to call him again in about a week's time when he would be able to tell me if they could produce some more of these exhausts and how much they are likely to cost. To be honest I don't think it's going to happen.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
sid131

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »

Jon exhausts in Newry will make a stainless system to your spec from the manifold back,
my celica from the janspeed 4 branch manifold back was ?250 & there was no exhaust to copy single backbox 2" 304 stainless, took them about 2 hours highly recommended phone 04830264371
http://www.jon-exhausts.co.uk/

* celica 025.jpg (317.32 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 457 times.)
alan.acs

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 07:11:38 PM »

I have a friend who makes stainless steel manifolds for 131 tc

markwilliams131

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »

GRRRRRRRRRR

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
sid131

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »

so between alan.acs & jon exhausts there is no need to go to Janspeed to listen to bullshit about damaged exhausts & timeframe & lots of cash etc & keep it country  boys Wink Wink Wink Grin 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:35:44 PM by sid131 » Logged
markwilliams131

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »

HI THOTOS
ITS BEEN A YEAR SINCE I SEND MARTIN THE JANSPEED AND 4 BRANCH
HE IS FULL OF SHIT ONLY A MONTH AGO HE TOLD ME THE PATTERN WAS MADE
AND WOULD BE READY 2 ORDER IN 2WKS WHEN I RANG 2 ORDER HE SAIN HE WAS
NO LONGER IN CHARGE OF IT AND PASTED ME OVER 2 MAT ANOTHER MUPPET WHO DIDNT NO
ANYTHING ABOUT IT SAID HE WOULD GET BACK 2 ME NEVRR DID
YA WOULD THINK THEY WOULD BE GLAD OF THE BUISNESS THE WAY THINGS ARE
I HAD 2 GIVE AN ORDER OF 10 AT APROX ?PRICE 250 IN STAINLESS STEEL
AND ALL THIS TIME I WAS WORRYED PEOPLE WOULD LOSE INTREST AND GO ELCE WHARE
AND ID BE COT FOR THE 10 LET ME NO HOW YA GET ON BEFORE I RING HIM AGAIN AND LOSE THE HEAD
OR ASK HIM WILL THEY MAKE THEM OR NOT IF NOT WE CAN GO WIT SIDS MAN

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 10:11:36 PM »

Jon exhausts is not very good for us in the UK though!
Matt at Janspeed didn't know anything when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he said he would get back to me. As you might guess he didn't so I called again today. He said he had the "sample" sat next to him but didn't think it was good enough to copy. I'll probably call him again in about a week as he suggested but I won't persevere with it if he doesn't inspire confidence when I next talk to him. 

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.