Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:01:15 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  BKR 840 T
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BKR 840 T  (Read 15745 times)
Rob 131

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 04:28:07 AM »

Chris

Great story. I remember buying my Sport for ?800 JLA71V (there is a picture of it in the 'where are they now section'). For ?1,300 at the time, I could have got a Sport in really good condition. I simply could not afford it.

I only had my Sport for about 8 months before changing it to an Ex Fleet MK2 GLS 1600 Cavalier (?2,000 Grandmother contributed as she liked Vauxhalls) that was a great cruiser and much quiter on the motorway then the Sport  Grin Grin.

However for driving pleasure, performance, looks and handling the Sport was great. Although I think mine had been tweaked in the performance dept.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »

Great stories guys, this almost could be a new chapter on the forum Smiley
I also remember the time when Sports were easier and cheaply available on the market also here in Holland. Damn, my wallet was not full at that moment. My first car was a rusty Alfasud Ti 95hp HF 66 BP, 8 years old back in 89 for 400e in todays money. I changed it after a few months for a marvelous 1 owner Alfasud 5m DJ 54 NR with 65 K km which I sold within a month(stupid me)to buy my first Racing, LG 66 LK. Silver, some rust, not too bad with a mint interior. A crash because I had a puncture brought me a lot of parts. Taking the car apart showed much more rot as before expected.......... From the company where I was on saturday I got a Lada 1200 donated. That was not my car so my moneypig was broken and from the last money I bought a little rusty Giulietta 2.0 Lusso HH 96 JL from an elderly lady. Great car which I sold because I got a companycar(Peugeot 305). A few months later I came accross DF 77 YF, the orange Sport I still own. She was horrible then, 3 times resprayed, worn interior, oily engine, broken rearaxle and rust rust rust, but I thought it was my last chance to buy one. Interior, technics and a lot of bodyparts I had. It took years before I started but in the 90s she's restored and I am happy I still own the car. Nice part of the story, I bought the car with the money I got from the Giulietta, my salary came in a few weeks later. I was away with the Racing as I bought it with an extremely noisy exhaust and almost absent brakes. Of course the police kept us and took the car for a proper check. They took it of the road, keeping the papers and I had to register it again officially. The bill I got from the police was 6 guilders less as my entire income that month Cheesy Sweet memories......... Smiley Grin

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Rob 131

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:41 AM »

Albert

Great story. I am very keen on these past car experiences even if they don't always concern 131. I started one some time back encouraging other forum members to discuss poor car ownership experiences. My one concerned a Rover 827 Vitesse. I will repost the article.

Please contribute, it is interesting, I think Grin Grin

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.