Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:29:06 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  bromley jun 8 th biggest 1 day classic car show in europe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: bromley jun 8 th biggest 1 day classic car show in europe  (Read 11874 times)
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« on: February 01, 2014, 04:41:49 PM »

Shocked Right time to your ?5 checks in for bromley , were going for a record 15+ car stand for the 40th birthday year
 ?5 checks made pay able to  j hodgkinson sent to
   8 wych mews
    laindon
   essex
   ss15 4jg
 by end of feb
 ticket is for car , driver and 1 passenger , extra passengers tikets can be purchased
http://www.bromleypageant.co.uk/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:01:21 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
donk r8

Chris Paull

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 05:00:00 PM »

Count me in, will get it sorted........................ Grin

1600 Supermirafiori    Fiat Barchetta  Fiat Ducato 2.8 Motorhome    Rover SD1 4.0 V8
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 06:24:22 PM »

Super  Smiley

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:42:46 PM »

Super  Smiley

Got yours today Chris , Apperthy    has set in with  the members so the 15 car stand will be shrink to 3  Grin

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »

Yes there seems to be a lot of apathy regarding 131 events this year and I'm sorry to say that I'm guilty of it too  Embarrassed  My problem with shows like the Bromley show is that (a) they now charge for something which for years used to be free for exhibitors and (b) they want a commitment so far ahead of time!

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 12:25:05 PM »

I agree Theo. Exhibitors shouldn't be charged IMHO. After all, without exhibitors there'd be no show!! Costs are getting silly too, just look at Auto Italia at Brooklands. Silly money if I were to take the whole family.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 12:38:23 PM »

...without exhibitors there'd be no show!!...

Precisely! To a certain extend I can accept charging for Auto Italia as the exhibitors are also the 'public'. There are very few people, I believe, that turn up in non-Italian cars and park in the public car parks. Plus entrance to Auto Italia also allows entrance to the Brooklands Museum so there's an added benefit. But the prices are getting silly! From the one year that I studied A-Level economics, I believe there's something to do with the law of supply and demand. Or put it simply, while people are willing to pay and the more they are willing to pay  (demand) they will charge and they will charge more! (supply)   Undecided Grin I won't be going to Brooklands this year as I'll be driving around in Wales in the Trevi on the LMC's Wales Weekend (3 day event).

But when it comes to a show like Bromley where the public far outnumber the exhibitors then it's not justified to charge the exhibitors. I don't think there's any other 'park in a wet field' show where exhibitors are charged to exhibit.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 01:44:51 PM »

No, I won't be going to Bromley either. Sorry Jason. Done that show to death now and it's always trouble getting in and out.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 07:06:59 PM »

Precisely! To a certain extend I can accept charging for Auto Italia as the exhibitors are also the 'public'. There are very few people, I believe, that turn up in non-Italian cars and park in the public car parks. Plus entrance to Auto Italia also allows entrance to the Brooklands Museum so there's an added benefit. But the prices are getting silly! From the one year that I studied A-Level economics, I believe there's something to do with the law of supply and demand. Or put it simply, while people are willing to pay and the more they are willing to pay  (demand) they will charge and they will charge more! (supply)   Undecided Grin I won't be going to Brooklands this year as I'll be driving around in Wales in the Trevi on the LMC's Wales Weekend (3 day event).

But when it comes to a show like Bromley where the public far outnumber the exhibitors then it's not justified to charge the exhibitors. I don't think there's any other 'park in a wet field' show where exhibitors are charged to exhibit.

No but no , bromley is only ?2.50 each person  and now i ve got the knack of get in n out quick arrive nice n early and leave mid afternoon
 but auto italia we provide the show but charged the same price as the public  Embarrassed its not on

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
donk r8

Chris Paull

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 07:48:22 PM »

I've never done Bromley before so its a first for me plus its the weekend before were off to Le Mans so a drive in the 131 will be nice before a week driving the beast in France......................Smiley

1600 Supermirafiori    Fiat Barchetta  Fiat Ducato 2.8 Motorhome    Rover SD1 4.0 V8
Phil

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 09:53:37 PM »

I won't be going to Brooklands this year as I'll be driving around in Wales in the Trevi on the LMC's Wales Weekend (3 day event).

I won't be going to Bromley this year for two reasons one it's a few days before I go on holiday so will be busy doing other things, and having done the same show a few times it does get a bit monotonous.

It is nice to go and see different shows and have different experiences. It is a shame that we don't have some small events like Theo is having with LMC you could do Saturday and Sunday so people don't have to take holiday and that way everyone gets to go out and actually drive their 131 which has got to be better than sitting in a field (usually in the rain) looking at the cars Undecided    

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 01:57:23 AM »

It is a shame that we don't have some small events like Theo is having with LMC you could do Saturday and Sunday so people don't have to take holiday and that way everyone gets to go out and actually drive their 131 which has got to be better than sitting in a field (usually in the rain) looking at the cars Undecided    

I agree 100% We just need people to organise simple small events. It doesn't have to be anything more than a single day (although 2 day events are good too) or anything much more elaborate than a short drive and lunch. The LMC are very good at doing these sort of things (you can join even if you don't own a Lancia  Wink Grin). Just today we had a nice drive in the sun covered Hampshire countryside and lunch at the Winchester Holiday Inn http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5797.msg49049#msg49049. And one of the organisers turned up in a Fiat (Barchetta)  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:53 AM »

It's a shame you didn't say so earlier Theo. I could have attended in my Fiat (Abarth  Grin), or at the least, you could have called in for a cuppa on the way back home up the M3.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 10:53:43 AM »

Sorry we were in a bit if a hurry on the way back. But I did wave as I went past your exit on the M3 both on the way there and the way back  Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 11:41:42 AM »

Perhaps next time then Theo. Cool

I'm happy to arrange a 'Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire Borders 131 Meeting' across a weekend later in the year, as I have before, along the same lines as Andy and Nita's Eastbourne Run and Phil and Tansy's Essex Run. Will be towards the end of the season I suspect, so as not to clash with the Irish M2M do.

If anyone else wants to hold an event in their area/State/Country please feel free to do so - don't leave it up to those of us who usually do the organisation.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.