Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:23:24 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Abarth Stradale getting ready for 3MA14
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abarth Stradale getting ready for 3MA14  (Read 37778 times)
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2014, 02:57:16 PM »

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fiat-124-Spider-Coupe-Pininfarina-Zundverteiler-Uberholsatz-2-x-Lager-Wedy-/360551563517?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item53f28c40fd

i think this will fit!

Enzo from Germany!
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2014, 04:08:34 PM »

Purchased these too! DHL delivery promised for Saturday! Thanks Enzo. Grin

Theo, do you fancy coming to my house on Sunday and getting your hands dirty on my Abarth? (again)Ppppplllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »

Purchased these too! DHL delivery promised for Saturday! Thanks Enzo. Grin

Theo, do you fancy coming to my house on Sunday and getting your hands dirty on my Abarth? (again)Ppppplllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Hi Simon,
I would love to come and help, but for me to much miles, maybe some day!  Wink
we will see.
But i think Theo will do it  Kiss

Enzo from Germany!
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2014, 05:13:52 PM »

Enzo,

I think that if my 131 Abarth comes to your garage it will be for more than just the replacement of an oil seal  Grin Cool

I too hope that Mr. Theo can again come to my rescue - with moral and emotional support even if he doesn't actually do the job himself. Wink  Grin Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »

Sure, I have a big hammer whivh is an essential tool for this job  Grin Let me know what time the coffee will be ready and I'll be there  Wink

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
donk r8

Chris Paull

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »

They look like they should do the job!! Hopefully the couriers are as good as their word..........You will need more tippex, you left it on the bench.... Grin  (or I left it on the bench.... Wink )

1600 Supermirafiori    Fiat Barchetta  Fiat Ducato 2.8 Motorhome    Rover SD1 4.0 V8
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »

I have plenty of tippex and a strobe light  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2014, 07:09:38 PM »

A strobe light will be no good - if you set the timing to the marks it actually 'pinks'  Tongue Seriously!  Roll Eyes Only an Italian manufacturer would make a performance engine with the ignition timing marks in the wrong place! Cool Cool

Thanks Theo. Coffee will be on all day Sunday so please get here whenever best suits you. Obviously if the part doesn't arrive as planned then I'll let you know and we'll have to abort the mission - at least until it does arrive. Smiley

Chris, I've had that Tippex since 2010 so it's part of the family  Grin Grin Take care of it for me. I forgot to give you something too - will rectify that as soon as I can.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:51 PM »

Assuming the timing is about right now, a strobe light can be used to set a mark before the distributor is removed and then used to set the timing to the same setting as before. That'll be easier and more accurate than tippex although it'll be useful to use tippex as well to get things statically more or less back in the right place.

Euro spec twin cams should normally be timed at 10 degrees BTDC but with 'modern' unleaded low octane fuels 5 degrees BTDC is recommended. I run mine at just over 10 degrees BTDC on 95 octane without any problems. Then again my car is so noisy I can't hear the pinking  Grin If your car pinks at normal timing it could mean something else. If the bob weight springs are weak it could be that it's advancing the ignition too soon and that would cause pinking. I have a bag of various bob weight springs and I'll bring those with me too. 

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2014, 08:33:07 PM »

Too technical Theo :-)

My car usually runs fine, with no pinking, but it does need a slight tweek after yesterday's removal.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »

Seal also now on it's way from Middle Barton Garage - so I hope one of them arrives before Sunday and that it's suitable. Undecided

Thanks for everybody's help and assistance with this.  Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »

Even if not by Sunday, they should certainly arrive before setting off for 3ma14. And I'm sure at least one of them will fit. Then you'll have plenty spare to sell on eBay but call them "Abarth" seals and sell them for ?200 each  Grin Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

idahobrava

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2014, 01:50:17 PM »

Simon,  Glad to hear that parts have been found and are on the way.  I was sad to hear that your Abarth was not to be in the running this year.  I always look forward to seeing pictures of your special car. Good luck on the distributor rebuild and happy motoring.  With 2 weeks left to the start of your yearly adventure I'll be following along via the computer.  Good Luck,  Mike Stinson p.s. I wish I could be there with you all
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2014, 02:35:47 PM »

Thanks very much for your kind words Mike. I appreciate it.

To be honest we're not out of the woods just yet with the dizzy, but I think now that we have the same part (at least I hope it's the same part  Grin) coming from very different parts of the World, our chances of success have increased.

Luckily I'm in the enviable position that if for some reason my Abarth does not get the repair it needs at least I have two other useable 131s I can call upon for 'European Duty' if pressed  Wink

My 'little seal problem' has really brought members of this forum together and I'm quite sure that without it I'd have struggled much more than I have to find a suitable supplier. Smiley The wonders of the internet  Grin

Theo, Kevin and I are always amazed by how far reaching our little website and 'community' has become and I'm sure we're quite proud of it too. Smiley I'm also quite sure that between Theo, Kevin and Rene there'll be plenty of pics and reports of 3MA14 for all to view. Cool

We wish you could be with us too, perhaps one year, if we win the Lotto, we'll ship our cars to the US for a 3MA  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.