Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:53:43 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Camcorder
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camcorder  (Read 5160 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: May 11, 2007, 05:58:59 PM »

As part of this event I'm sure that there will be many still photos taken to record it...but some movie footage would be really special, especially as car after car appears around hairpins (healy pass) or passes under a motor way flyover.

Does anyone have a modern digital cam corder so that digital images can be captured of this unique event?

We expect to have a modern camera car (but no camera) for most of the event with the ability (via walkie talkies) to organise shoots as we progress.

Any ideas anyone?

Kev

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 01:09:20 PM »

I went and bought a digital camcorder this morning  Cheesy  So I'd be able to take some video footage of the 3MA (if I read the instructions in time  Undecided). Let it not be said I am not dedicated to our cause... Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »

You are not going to believe this Theo? Shocked - But I took the plunge yesterday too and bought a Panasonic NV-GS180 - MiniDV 3CCD -? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Just went test driving it today on the road to Dromoland - Initial results are better mounted on a tripod than hand for in car footage but the outside footage is likely to be much more interesting.

It's too good an opportunity to miss capturing it for posterity - Between the two camers we should get some really cracking footage!? ?Grin Grin Grin

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 03:18:30 PM »

Good to hear you too got one Kev! I spoke too soon because having just tried the camcorder I bought, I wasn't at all pleased with the quality  Sad so I just took it back and got a refund! So it's all up to you now....  Cool

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 06:58:20 AM »

Quick update on this - The camcorder was definitely worth buying - We got some great footage from all around the south west of ireland - Special word of thanks to our camera car driven by Peter with Dave and John our cameramen (Fri & Sat).

On Sunday the duties were taken over by T & T taken from the back seat of an Integrale with the hatch open - Superb shots - Thanks guys - Your efforts will help the memories last even longer...!? Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.