Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:28:21 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  A small personal ambition achieved...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A small personal ambition achieved...  (Read 4449 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: May 22, 2007, 07:46:58 AM »

I've always been looking for a picture of 4 131 Sports in each of the factory colours and hoped that 3MA would be the answer - For a time the risky colour was silver and I hoped that Si would bring his Silver Racing on the Irish trip. Understandebly he brought his Abarth (and boy was he glad that he did - Especially any time that he got within half a mile of Molls Gap!? Grin Grin Grin )

Our one last hope was Jean from France and despite the challenge of an unreliable fuel delivery system, he made it all the way to Killarney for 3MA. I hope that he makes it home again...!? Wink

Anyway here is the evidence that the feat was achieved...

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:16:56 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 07:12:12 AM »

This whole event was 'a small personal ambition acheived...' for me as well as many others I'm sure!

The excitement on the first day of having four 131s driving through Limerick (I'm sure Kevin drove that way on purpose just to see his lovely paintwork reflected in shop windows Grin Grin!) totally hid the tiredness associated with the fact that I had driven some 400 miles earlier in the day to be there! Grin It was doubled when we drove into the hotel car park to be greeted by 7 other 131's! I hate to use the word, but it was totally 'awesome'!

I'm sorry that it may have spoiled your plan by me not taking the Racing, but it was absolutely the right thing for me to take the Abarth instead. As you say Kev, driving Molls Gap alone proved the point! Grin Grin Grin

Here's to the next time! Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
claire

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:11:06 AM »

Bloody bloody bloody brilliant weekend! Haven't had that much fun since 1979 and my Dad didn't drive the 131 like ye lads did! And to think I nearly chose Hoovering above the Healy Pass!
Thanks to everyone for a fabulous time and for making me feel so welcome and part of everything even though I'm only a girl and an Astra driver at that.
The only problem however with being Kev's passenger in a left hand drive all and having to battle the urge to grab the non-existent steering wheel and stamp on the non-existent brake and having only the seat to cling to instead, is that once I got back into my own (naturally) right hand drive is that as soon as I came to the first bend and found myself on course for a head-on collision with a big white van, I just grabbed the seat confident that Kevin would take care of it. Duh!
Anyway, ye've created a monster guys and and I must now use all my femine guile to convince Puntos Pilot to go for a real Fiat! In the meantime, will take out my aggression on SUV driving Yummy Mummies who can't park properly outside the school. Shall send them pic of Castletown Bere!
Can't wait till next year . . . and shall be spending lots and lots of quality time with my favourite brother 'till then!!!!!
Andy c

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 07:51:56 PM »

Hi one and all, inspite of us no 131 of our own to drive around in, we just want to say what a fantastic time we had being with you all, we can recommend this kind of honeymoon to everyone, sorry Simon you drew the short straw and had a room next to us.
Theo we owe you special thanks for putting up with us all day on Saturday, its not easy being with a woman who sits in the back wittering in your ear, just think though you only had it for a day, Andy has it EVERY day poor bugger.
 Lets hope the consenus was to have another one of these events next year, we should have a car by then well heres hoping anyway.

Andy and Anita

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.