Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:12:07 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  HGN 711T - Where is it now..?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HGN 711T - Where is it now..?  (Read 8135 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: February 10, 2008, 06:31:34 PM »

This car belonged to a real Sport enthusiast (I believe that he had a series of cars and his own website dedicated to them).

Looks in lovely nick here but the vinyl roof is a personal decision.

These pics date from 1994 ish.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:41:31 PM »

I believe this car belonged to a guy called Jamie who possibly lives in the london area.
I was in contact with him via the FMC forum a few years ago.
 I think one of his neighbours ran into the back of it,making a right mess of it.
It ended up in the scrapyard as far as i'm aware. Sad

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
Gremlino

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:54:24 PM »

Found this pic of HGN 711T, taken at A.I. Goodwood in 1996.

Yet again a good car wasted by a numpty......probably driving a Mondeo  Cry

* A.I. Goodwood '96'.jpg (118.71 KB, 1178x743 - viewed 941 times.)

Signature has gone Kaput!
david

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 05:54:36 PM »

This car belonged to a friend of mine Jamie wright and it was hit hard in the O/S rear by a volvo driver in I think 1998 and written off, I remember spending hour on hour welding all the floor etc together on this car but it was worth the work, also rebuilt the engine with high compression pistons and the cylinder head was modified by guy croft and had twin sidedraft dellorto 45s and freeflow so it went well. David
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:56:16 PM by david » Logged
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 07:19:21 PM »

and here is the evidence....as I understand it the car was written off.

From memory it was a neighbour reversing...but not looking, at least not looking in the right direction!!  Roll Eyes

Grin
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:20:54 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
sid131

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »

that wouldnt br too hard to fix if you could get the parts, but at the time 98? wasnt economical thing to do
david

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »

I agree Nick, I would do it now but at the time we decided to let it go, I think he got ?2000 off the insurance at the time and kept the car as the Insurance man knew what 131s were and liked them, when I think back to the later half of the eighties at some of the cars we scrapped because it was cheaper and easier to find another sport even though they were quite rare then.
sid131

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 01:48:46 PM »

i would love to know where my old 131 Fib 1588 ended up, i sold it in 1990 in north west london, i have asked so many but always draw a blank.
david

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »

No I never came across any with a northern Irish plate like that but did see my old one AGO 261W on here after I saved it from being scrapped in 1990. The only other number plate of the others I remember is DJD 611V which had a webasto roof which was not a good idea to fit in any 131 and I know the fate of that as I broke it up myself which looking back was another mistake but needed to make room for my current sport and have never sold this one even though I have had a lot of offers and been tempted but kept thinking I would only be looking for another 131 sport if I sold it so whats the point.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 03:38:36 PM by david » Logged
sid131

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 05:59:07 PM »

Exactly David dont ever sell  it you know the car & where its has had work or may need some more, buying something else you never know what lies beneath, as long as you have somewhere dry to store the car , i am going to build a new steel garage  4 meters x 11 meters just for storage & then i can use my existing garage as a workshop, only have told a few of my plans & already have some work lined up, i have to do something as there are no jobs here anymore,
just put down a 5" concrete base & the guys come & put up the garage in a day for ?3k with non drip roof & electric roller door & a side entry door, guttering & windows are extra, it will be colour coded to match the house & no planning B-sh*t needed
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.