Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:01:36 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Help needed with the carburettor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help needed with the carburettor  (Read 4103 times)
MarkoH

« on: January 31, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »

Hi guys!

I have a question. I have just dissembled the carburettor (WEBER 34 ADF) and I noticed that there is one inlet / outlet plugged with a hose & bolt. Seems, that this is outlet for vacuum air because the hole leads to the carburettor leg and takes vacuum from the inlet manifold.

My first and easy question is, that what it is? The other and maybe more difficult question is, that why it is plugged?

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC -86
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth -86
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »

On mine its to the airfilter pan so will be atmospher not vacuum , problery had a k/n type filter on it  so not needed .

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
djape1977

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 06:45:15 PM »

same thing on mine with K&N, but it's not plugged and it works fine. just draws air from engine bay

get a bigger hammer!
MarkoH

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 09:18:55 AM »

Thanks guys! Again we have proved that all you need is not JVC - it's 131mirafiori.com!

Marko

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC -86
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth -86
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:08:05 AM »

same thing on mine with K&N, but it's not plugged and it works fine. just draws air from engine bay

I would think it's better to have this blocked off or connected to the crankcase breather somehow than suck in air and dirt from the engine compartment. Does it not mess up the idling mixture? A valve on the carburettor throttle spindle will block off this air intake as the throttle opens. See other post at http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=3106.msg23553#msg23553 where this pipe is also discussed.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.