Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:38:17 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Brake caliper banjo bolts..........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brake caliper banjo bolts..........  (Read 5008 times)
donk r8

Chris Paull

« on: November 11, 2013, 06:13:21 PM »

Hi Guys, got some reconditioned calipers for the 131 but they are a newer version and the banjo's need to be shorter, it has 84 stamped on the caliper so I assume Uno ones would be the right ones?? question is where to get them from, any ideas... Roll Eyes found some on fleabay but does anyone know the exact size......................thanks.......... Smiley

1600 Supermirafiori    Fiat Barchetta  Fiat Ducato 2.8 Motorhome    Rover SD1 4.0 V8
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »

mine dont have banjo's  Wink or a youkali  Grin

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
donk r8

Chris Paull

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 07:53:33 PM »

mine dont have banjo's  Wink or a youkali  Grin

Thanks, really helpful.................. Grin Grin

1600 Supermirafiori    Fiat Barchetta  Fiat Ducato 2.8 Motorhome    Rover SD1 4.0 V8
donk r8

Chris Paull

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »

Found the right ones....................... Cool

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131002863690?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

strada

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 07:46:11 PM »

the later calipers have the inlet at an angle rather than vertical, THEY DO NOT USE BANJO BOLTS & THE THREAD IS METRIC, to fit these you need later hoses which screw straight in, also fitted to strada mk2, you may have to change the ends of the metal pipes to metric too depending on what master cylinder is fitted which could be either on a mk2 131.

i also have some orf the other parts you have been looking for on a previos thread but they are from mk3,  pm if any good to you,  chris

my name is chris reynolds, i currently own 2x supermirafiori mk3, strada 65cl, strada75cl auto, strada super85 convertable, strada 105tc mk1, strada105tc mk2
donk r8

Chris Paull

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 05:22:27 PM »

the later calipers have the inlet at an angle rather than vertical, THEY DO NOT USE BANJO BOLTS & THE THREAD IS METRIC, to fit these you need later hoses which screw straight in, also fitted to strada mk2, you may have to change the ends of the metal pipes to metric too depending on what master cylinder is fitted which could be either on a mk2 131.

i also have some orf the other parts you have been looking for on a previos thread but they are from mk3,  pm if any good to you,  chris

Hi Chris, thanks for that!! I found out last night while putting the brakes back together as I found a set of later brake lines in the workshop and trawling through the grey matter I remembered how they used to be!! I have sent you a pm regarding the other things........................thanks, Chris

Tas131

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 06:34:29 AM »

THE THREAD IS METRIC

Both threads are metric, one is 1mm pitch, the other 1.25mm I believe.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.