Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:53:11 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  His 'n' hers 131s
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: His 'n' hers 131s  (Read 7375 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: May 12, 2008, 09:46:50 PM »

My Sport had been under the mechanical gaze of Dave & Bren last week having some brake fettling done (no longer locking the back brakes thank God!) - Thanks guys - And I retrieved the car from their care yesterday.

I went to collect her in the new 131 and somehow persuded the better half to drive it home while I drove the Sport - First time driving a LHD for her and a long way from her 2.0TDi Passat! Still after about 10 miles of acclimatising she was grand and her biggest fear of poor placement on the road was unfounded. It's a credit to the car in that it was so easy to drive that she did so well.

Anyhow when they were both home I couldn't resist taking some pics...

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
sid131

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:30:07 PM »

Hi Kev just wondering why?? the chrome rings are still on the new 131??? & not on the sport? lol
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 06:39:54 AM »

Hi Nick

The Sport did not have the chrome rings fitted as standard - The Series 3 Super was the only 131 to have them as standard, in fact I cant think of another Fiat that ever had these fitted at the factory....or even another car....?? Huh

They were most common as an after market accessory in the 80s as you probably know.? Cool

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
sid131

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 06:49:18 AM »

i have a set that either came off a celica ta40 or a mk3 cortina gxl that i once owned, still in pretty good condition.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:09:01 PM »

I hope you are now going to get the waxoyl out! I thoroughly recommend waxing every part of your new car. Underneath, in the doors, in the sills, under the bonnet, inside the bonnet and bootlid and so on. Do it now while it is still dry and you will reap the benefits when the days of cooler condensation inducing weather arrive.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Sev131

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:36:50 PM »

Congratulations Kev of your new arrival!

What a beauty with amazing photos!

I've been away most of the time lately from the net as my wife gave birth to our son Jai on the 26th of April. He was due on the 10th of May.....this was the reason me not being able to attend 3ma 2008.

I've had a kind word with the other half and have managed to persuade her my leave for a night!

I'm gonna have a think tomorrow if I can rustle up NAE in time for a trip up saturday.   
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 11:29:44 PM »

Superb news Sev! Congratulations to you, your wife and baby Jai on expanding your family.

Pretty good news about joining us for at least part of the 3ma too; it'll be great to see you and NAE and you'll get at least one drink on me to celebrate the arrival of Jai.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 02:36:13 AM »

Hi Bobby - Great news on the new arrival - Congratulations.

Looking forward to meeting you at last and seeing your 131 Sport. Let us know if you will be able to join us early Saturday morning for the the trip that day and we will know to expect you - There are contact numbers for Theo, Simon & I on the route book available on this site.

If you can stay over Saturday night you may be able to attend the static show at Falkirk on Sunday morning before heading home..? Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Sev131

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 09:18:31 PM »

Cheers chaps for your messages!

I started the 131 up today and she seems to be running good, considering being off road since jan. I'm going to tax her tomorrow and give her a once over friday. New cambelt, exhaust and a full set of oil changes.

I did plan to take this car off road for restoration but it looks like nothing's gonna get done till late this year or next.

I've not decided which day to arrive but, sunday looks favourite now.

I'll jot the contact phone numbers and will let one of you know my plans.

See every one at the weekend!
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 09:42:54 PM »

Great news Sev. Looking forward to seeing you sometime over the weekend.  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 07:21:58 AM »

Great news Bobby, on both your new arrival and coming to Scotland Grin Grin

Congratulations on your new son Cheesy He may keep you awake through the night for the next few months, but he'll always cost you money Shocked? Grin a bit like a 131 Wink Grin I know from experience - with both a son (mine is now almost 12 years old) and 131 ownership Grin Grin.

For me personally, kids are like 131s in other ways too - you can't have just one Grin Cheesy Wink, although I did manage to stop at three kids.... Shocked Cheesy

It will be brilliant to see you in Scotland in NAE. Have a very safe journey Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Sev131

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 03:35:48 PM »

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

Sleepless nights have just kicked in and I wouldn't change it for anything....! Coming home to your own flesh and blood is the best feeling ever!

He's the first grandson so my mum and dad are over the moon.

I can't wait to take him for a spin in NAE 281Y!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.