Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 05:47:14 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 sport BKR 840T. ..PIX
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 sport BKR 840T. ..PIX  (Read 4183 times)
mrcachamb

Gone (back in the day) but never forgotten

« on: July 02, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »

HI AGAIN ALL,
 JUST FOUND THIS OLD B&W PIC, TAKEN OF MY OLD CAR IN THE WOODS AT ASHCLYST FOREST, EXETER (JUST AFTER I HAD FITTED A NEW SET OF ALL FOUR LIGHTS!! ABOUT 1988 I BELIEVE. (BOUGHT THESE FROM SIDWELL STREET MOTORS FIAT DEALERS...APPARENTLY THE PARTS MANAGER SAID THEY WERE THE LAST ONES AVAILABLE IN STOCK IN THE SOUTH-WEST AT THAT TIME! NOT TOO SURE IF THAT WAS TRUE THOUGH?) THEY COST ME A AMLL FORTUNE I REMEMBER!!? Grin

Loved my 131 Sport....wish i had one now!
mrcachamb

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »

This picture was taken by a friend, it is me looking very young giving the car it's regular polish up. The wheels on it at this time were given to me by my cousin who worked in the parts dept at a Fiat dealer in oxford (sadly he's passed away now). He came down for a family get together, bringing the wheels (5no) all brand new genuine sport items in wrappings with him. Whilst he was away the fiat dealer parts manager had decided (following company proceedures) to have a clearout of many old stock parts in their warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was absolutey gutted, they threw into a builders skip TWO BRAND NEW 131 2-DOORS (IN PRIMER) along with a mass of other parts for fiat 127, 131, 128, 124 ac and bc coupe's etc etc.....this i'm sure will make everybody on this (wonderful) forum feel very sick indeed.!  Cry Cry
I also got a new thermostat, new grille badge, some hoses, and two mid-pillar trims as well as 4 fiat wheel centre-caps. This was a truely exciting day for me, resulting in me taking my cousin to the pub to get 'bladdered!".
hope you enjoy the pic, it was taken outside my dads house in heavitree , exeter. The appearance of scratching in the pic (on the door is just where i tried to touch in the picture on a computer many yrs ago ...badly!....more to follow soon.

chris.

mrcachamb

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »

Cool....this picture was taken of me posing at a service station between Milan and Turin. We had a huge piece of pamesan cheese in our (not so) cool box for over 10 days during the european trip....it was really smelly in that car during that trip i can honestly say.!  Embarrassed

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 10:02:56 PM »

The appearance of scratching in the pic (on the door is just where i tried to touch in the picture on a computer many yrs ago ...badly!....

Yes, those scratches spoil an otherwise lovely looking car so I took them off for you. I wish it was so easy to do on the actual cars!  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mrcachamb

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:05:33 PM »

Cheesy this is my friend ray who shared the driving on our trip, picture was taken on the St Gothard mountain pass. (in June) We had an ice fight (which drew blood!) filled our coolbox with the ice and arrived at the bottom of the valley to a campsite in lake Garda with ice cold beers! Who needs an electric fridge eh....didn't last tho!

..there's no excuse for ray's pink hawaii shirt. Shocking fashion.

mrcachamb

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 10:06:53 PM »

cheers Theo, you've rejuvenated my old photo. will copy and keep it.
chris.

mrcachamb

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:14:18 PM »

this one was taken coming up through Switzerland somewhere, there were some quite horrendous drops over the roadside edges from what i can remember. my friend refused to drive these bits, didn't worry me tho, i was in my element!

I did fit a really neat rubber spoiler to the bootlid later on during my owning of this car, it looked real good then!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.