Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 09:03:12 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Info needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Info needed  (Read 4387 times)
kogeobo

« on: March 03, 2011, 03:23:31 PM »

Please I need info about these parts in the circle.
It's my Fiat 124 Sport 1974 / 1800 cc.
I think there is a missing part to connect the system like this  Huh

* unrcognized.JPG (97.55 KB, 800x600 - viewed 503 times.)

PHOENICIAN
Tas131

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:20:01 PM »

It looks like a similar setup to the EGR system on regatas, the 2 canisters are reed valves connected to EGR ports running across the top of the head. The kinked hose in the left of the red circle is wrong. It should not join the 2 together, they should both go from there to the air cleaner I think. On the regata the reed valves were mounted between the camboxes, not remotely like yours.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
djape1977

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:29:29 PM »

some emmision regulation stiff, i have the same on my '83. ritmo 105
coud it be engine from ritmo?

get a bigger hammer!
kogeobo

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:38:37 AM »

This car was parked for more than 25 years, the owner emigrated to Canada and it was a pure chance to meet him in a short visit to LBN for selling all his properties including his cars . I am writing  this to say that the car is stiil original. exept the rims a friend of him wanted them because he owns 2 of these 124. Cool
Also i need to know what is the purpose of these parts it's for economy or efficency reasons.
                             Thanks

PHOENICIAN
djape1977

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »

none. remove all of it.
could it be that it's a US spec car with emmisions control stuff on it?

get a bigger hammer!
mirafiori76

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 10:44:17 AM »

Don't know about emission regulations nowadays in America, but it will do no harm to take the parts off. In fact, the engine will run better without it. Take all emission parts off and you will have a better running engine overall. That is if you get it running after 25 years  Smiley Smiley  Wink

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.