Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:08:50 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Open question.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Open question.....  (Read 4924 times)
131NZ

« on: June 21, 2009, 09:34:24 AM »

...... What is everyones opinion/guesstimate on the current value of a middle of the road 131 sport/racing? Say.... an everyday user, not a minter but not falling to bits.   Not taking into account other countries values but the value you think they are worth in the country you live in. Will be interesting to see the variation on values.

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
theredx19
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 10:11:51 AM »

A suggestion to help standardise your question how about putting up a picture as some peoples idea of average is another mans minter Shocked Shocked
131NZ

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 10:46:21 AM »

Good idea red. Maybe someone could post a pic of a good everday user sport/racing and everyone can give an opinion on a value. I dont have any pics sorry. Also wouldnt know how to post one if I did. Cheesy

bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:14:51 PM »

An average daily user should do something like 3500-4000. The only problem as we all know is rust, so daily users are not there anymore. I think the most ones are beyond daily use or to good to use.

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »

I was thinking about the number of times that I use mine - While not every day (especially if it is raining) I get my Sport out probably 5/6 times per week either to have a little blast around the local country roads or simply to do local trips like shopping or visiting family/friends. Although the odometer is creeping up (up from 31000 when I bought it to 44000 now) I'm doing exactly what I bought it for...and since it was recently overhauled it is giving me a lot of driving pleasure...and turns heads wherever I go!? Wink

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:50:59 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
theredx19
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 07:19:21 PM »

Kev you are describing your car as an every day motor seeing as it gets used everyday but it far far better then what some people call as a minter but could we pick out an advert link to an average car even and decide from that as peoples views are so different....
gay131lover
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 10:41:16 PM »

value is only a euifamisium what kev131 s car is worth is priceless but what people  will pay is another matter look at houses that were worth 500,000 euro now worth half that value is only if someone values it more than someone else and is willing to pay extra if ye know what i mean Huh Huh Huh Huh Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
MF 131

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 03:26:41 AM »

Hi Kev ,You sound a bit like me,sunshine and its out.Mine will be used alot more when the new motor is in.Whats its worth Huh only what someone is willing to pay for it.To me  its worth HEAPS.Many years ago if saw a BMW/Audi etc you would take a second look. Today they are like flys.(not the Aussie ones ,we dont have that many in NZ) Today if you see 125-132-131 etc you look again. Whats that tell you about what we drive.When you did seea BMW etc 20--30 years ago first thought was theres money on wheels. Thus 131Rs must be worth abit.Hows the logic Paul. Cheers Gary

Gary Want.Mid life crisis to restore 131R.Also YamahaXS 650 Not to many 131Rs down under but plenty of rust
131NZ

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 04:39:46 AM »

I guess there isnt just one answer judging by the response Cheesy  Too many variables to think about too i guess, so I withdraw the question. Grin

djape1977

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »

any car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. example:
a friend of mine was looking for mk1 ford granada (1974-1977). he's really hot for that car. one appeared on local market, advertised for 800e. it wasn't sold after 2 months. not a mintr but driveable car. finnaly, we went to see it, hoping to kill the price or swap it for friends 1991 opel kadett (vauxhall astra) diesel. owner of ford, when we mentioned swap for kadett, immediatelly offered another car to go with granada - a 1969. ford capri!!! so we returned with 2 cars. and we went there thinking that we'll have tio give him some money along with opel. those classic fords were worth nothing to him.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:21:55 AM by djape1977 » Logged

get a bigger hammer!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.