Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:53:39 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  What a week in F1!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What a week in F1!!  (Read 6110 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: July 29, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »

A freak and serious accident for Felipe (luckily he seems to be making a very good recovery).

First & second places for Mclaren & Ferrari.

BMW quitting at the end of the season.

And now..." Schumi's back!!  Grin

I can't wait to see him in the new car at Valencia. I really hope it doesn't turn out like the comebacks for Mansell & Hill although I think if the testing does not go well some reason will be found for it not to progress!

Still, what a week!  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:50:05 PM »

So he is definitely coming back then. I heard it was a possibility. At least Ferrari will have two drivers again. It will be interesting to see how he gets on.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Gremlino

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:19:03 PM »

Top Gear will have to find another 'Stig'  Cheesy

Signature has gone Kaput!
sport fan

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »

should be intresting to see if Schumi can preform without
Ross Brawn at his side . hopefully Massa will be back next year

Sean ...... 1980 Fiat 127 Sport.
131NZ

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 05:18:31 AM »

I hope massa makes a full recovery and returns to the sport. I,m not so pleased about Shumy coming back as Im not a fan of his or that of Ferrari!! Shumy being shumy will no doubt test well and not let Ferrari down but with a wee bit of luck, the Ferrari will let him down!!   Sad to see BMW pulling out but unless something dramatic changes in F1, its a sign of things to come and we shall see more teams leaving for various reasons. I love F1 but its went so bloody crazy with rules, regs and finances its only a matter of time before its completely ruined or even worse,.... is no more!  (All my own opinions  Grin)

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
gunobla

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 06:38:28 AM »

I can't for the life of me think of a good reason for Michael to come back.  What's he got to prove.  He's the greatest so why not let some young buck on the way up have a go.  He has heaps to lose and nothing to gain.  For F1 it will take the heat off the fact that BMW are pulling out and maybe get a few more bums on seats.  Poor decision Michael, poor decision.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:15:22 PM »

It is what you call commitment. I remember when he first went to Ferrari he had won two championships with Beneton and Ferarri had been in the doldrums. He was partly responsible for Ferrari's return to form and winning five titles despite people saying at the time the move was a bad one.

The last two years since retirement he has remained a Ferrari team member. I think it is good to see someone who remains loyal and is willing to step into the breach to support the team when it is necessary.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »

I don't agree that Schumy returning is a poor decision - for either Ferrari or the man himself. I think that the recent poor Ferrari F1 performance can be attributted to a number of factors, but all of them due to changes in personnel - Jean Todt; Ross Brawn and Michael Schumaker. I think Schumy's return will strengthen the team at 'the sharp end' and hopefully assist in the return to form.

I wish Fillipe a speedy and full recovery.

Being an unashamed BMW fan I can only weep at BMW's decision to pull out of F1, but I'm not really surprised. Neither of the drivers (Kubica and Heidfeld) have performed and the car is nowhere near on a par with top teams' offerings, so why throw good money after bad? BMW started off in F1 as a successful engine supplier (to Williams and Brabham I think) and I hope that some day soon they will at least return to that.

I think the current state of F1 is a good reflection of the state of the World's motor industry. F1 teams are a luxury - what really counts is shifting the units out of the factory gates. Undecided

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
sport fan

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 03:47:16 PM »

Schumi has never won a world championship without Ross Brawn
by his side apart from that Massa is a very competive and talented
driver and only lost the championship last year at the last corner of
the last race . There are plenty talented young drivers out there waiting
to be given a chance like he once was  thanks to an Irish man. So he
does not need any more glory in his life and with a bit of luck he wont
make it out of qualli one .

Sean ...... 1980 Fiat 127 Sport.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 01:59:19 PM »

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't! Roll Eyes I'm certainly no fan of Mr. Schumaker but there's no denying his talent.

As for whether he survives past Quali 1 only time will tell Smiley

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
131NZ

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 09:37:28 PM »

I, m not a fan of either Michael or Ferrari as I said but I am a huge fan of F1 and you know what? A small part of me  is excited and happy that he will be doing at least one race. If anything, F1 needs something of a boost right now. Just a sad shame how it has come about. Would still be nice to see Michaels car fail either by his driving or by mechanics, but only after some good racing duals with a few of the other drivers with one lap to go !!! Do I want my cake and eat it? YES i do lol.

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.