Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:59:30 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Looking for 131 owners in the USA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for 131 owners in the USA  (Read 6137 times)
mikesides

« on: August 08, 2009, 04:14:15 AM »

Hello,

Perhaps this has been a topic before but I could not find it using the search.  Anyways,  I am wondering who on here owns a 131 (or any other Fiat for that matter).  I was thinking that perhaps we could create like a directory perhaps.  That way it would be easier (and cheaper) to buy/sell parts.  It's just an idea.

Mike
Sean

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:54:56 PM »

I live in the Northwoods of Michigan.  I have a 131s.  I just brought it home this morning.  I'm going to need some parts at some point in the near future.  I'm especially looking for a series 1 grille.
Winker

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »

Got another one here!!

Houston, TX
mikesides

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 04:45:18 AM »

Hey that's great!  Nice to meet you both.  I know that member "USA131" is also from Washington state.  I hope there are more than just 4 of us on these boards.
Sean

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:51:31 AM »

It would be nice.  I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to find the parts we need here in the states.  I've been digging around under the hood of mine a bit and it appears as though I'm going to need a few more things than I planned on.  I'm pretty sure that I need a blower motor and possibly a heater and a/c unit.  I'm going to be swapping the battery, voltage regulator, alternator, and a wheel cylinder soon.  I'm also trying to find a new set of tires.  I've found tire that can be ordered locally, it's a radial firestone.  Apparently 165SR13 tires are hard to find.
mikesides

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 04:17:08 AM »

Yes, finding parts in the states here isn't easy at all.  Surprisingly there is actually a mechanics shop here in town that specializes in Italian cars.  The have been able to get all of the parts that I have needed so far.  You may want to try C. Obert and Co.  I believe they are located in Santa Cruz, CA.  I haven't ordered from them but I heard they have quite the selection.
Winker

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 10:57:12 PM »

As for extra parts I will be starting to take off whatever this car doesn't need.

I'm not looking to restore it. I look under the hood and see things that look like it can just be removed.......more like its not essential to make the car run any better
mikesides

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 07:27:35 AM »

What kind of parts are you going to be getting rid of?
Sean

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 03:51:39 PM »

As for extra parts I will be starting to take off whatever this car doesn't need.

I'm not looking to restore it. I look under the hood and see things that look like it can just be removed.......more like its not essential to make the car run any better

PM sent.
Winker

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 04:43:07 PM »

well what are you guys looking for?

I'll take a pic of what I got at the moment

Also, anyone know how to tune the carb to get it to idle(it idles way to low)
Tas131

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 09:31:18 PM »

Also, anyone know how to tune the carb to get it to idle(it idles way to low)

Adjust the idle screw! Check your ignition and cam timing with a timing light. Adjust mixture screw until you get a smooth idle. Readjust idle if necessary and check mixture again.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
mikesides

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 02:56:07 AM »

Sean I never received a PM from you.  Please resend.  Thanks!
Winker

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »

Yea I think the idle screw is turned all the way in. As for everthing else I don't know how to do that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.