Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:38:58 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  re DHL courier
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: re DHL courier  (Read 4321 times)
david

« on: October 24, 2009, 08:29:10 AM »

I sent this 131 glovebox to Greece approx two weeks ago and used DHL for the first time, usually I use the post office but what with all the problems with strikes etc I used DHL instead. It was well wrapped to protect it and was supposed to be delivered in four days, It took nine days to arrive at the address in Greece and was broken !  this is not what I would call a fragile item, needless to say I will not be using DHL again

* 013.JPG (328.91 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 441 times.)
sid131

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »

Deadly handleing louts thats whet they are something similar happened to me & they are expensive lot to start with
sid131

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 10:18:43 AM »

David whats the strike about? i only heard about this i sent Yagmur some stuff thats never arrived yet & should be there long ago, i posted from Northern Ireland.
Blue850

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 10:25:32 AM »

The company I work for used to use DHL for nationwide delieveries until we figured out DHL stands for Day and a Half Late Sad
david

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »

Nick, the post office are on strike here so cant guarantee delivery times and they are apparently telling people to send xmas cards now if they want them to get there in time ! so parcels have no hope I suspect ?  Took some pictures of the scuttle panel for you and sending to your email.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 04:19:20 PM by david » Logged
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »

I hope in was more than just wraped ,like in stiff cardboard or proper box with filling , i've worked for most delivery firms and the crap people sent out in mind boggleing , abit of bubble wrap and a wraping of parcel tape  Roll Eyes and think that will do......make sure it well wraped in cardboard and i now usually double s the weight .
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:53:37 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
david

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 07:58:01 AM »

It was wrapped in bubble wrap and two coverings of cardboard and lots of tape to hold it all together, can only imagine they either jumped on it or ran over it with a vehicle ?  It lasted 27 years from the factory and nine days with DHL !
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »

Even nicer when you sell parts through f***ing ebay, the loosers working there even dump you from the site when the seller gives you a negative feedback Sad

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.