Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:35:17 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Money and storage needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Money and storage needed  (Read 4945 times)
MarkoH

« on: November 06, 2009, 12:20:10 PM »

Hi guys!

This is just unbelievable. Few years ago I was looking for a 131 Racing for myself. It was quite a rare find here in Finland but not anymore. Just in a few weeks I have been contacted and offered 131 Racing's.

- Week ago a friend of mine offered me 4 pcs of 131 Racing's. 1 Rally car + three dissembled cars. All cars are quite good condition - no lots of rust. Price: negotiable

- Week ago a guy offered me a 131 Racing project. It has been dissembled and all the chassis parts are sandblasted. No lots of rust - easy one. Price: 2000 ? and negotiable.

- This morning a friend of mine offered me 4 pcs of Fiat 131 Racing's + 1 Mirafiori Sport and a HUGE amount of spare parts. Two cars are OK and three have some project needs. Price: negotiable.

Please tell me what to do!?! I just love these cars and I would like to save them all. I have to understand that I have no money or space to save these beauties but I would like to do something. If some one is looking for 131 Racing, there is huge amount of these cars for sale here in Finland.

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC -86
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth -86
hammerbeirne

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »

Its either a feast or a famine marko keep your eye on them anyway there will always be someone looking for one and espically for parts
sid131

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »

any of the seats any good?
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »

Marko I share your sense of wonder - A few of us Irish enthusiasts regularly scratch our heads at the regularity at which "new" 131 Sports are discovered - Despite all the stories of rotten, scrapped and crashed cars a surprising number seem to have survived against the odds.

I'm sure it must be something to do with the downturn in the economy that is flushing some of these cars out of hiding - Do you have any pictures of these cars?  Smiley

You could start to advertise "new" 131 Sports if you were to restore them to the same standard as your current project car!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:51:42 PM »

It is truly surprising how many cars still are found everywhere in the world, that's true. It only looks like Panorama's are almost disappeared totally. I would be also very pleased to see a Maratea survivor.

Great what you are doing Marko, let's try to find people to let the cars also survive!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
sid131

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 08:00:33 AM »

there are a few people looking for 131s on this forum so i suggest they buy these ones & share the transport costs for 2 or 3 cars to the Uk or Ireland, the cars can be changed to rhd if the new owners require, a good bit of work is needed on the body but i can do it if the car isnt rotten.
djape1977

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 08:33:51 AM »

i think the guys are right. if the prices aren't too high, you could make some money on those 131's. i might be interested in buying one for myself

get a bigger hammer!
MarkoH

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 01:21:26 PM »

So - I have made my decision. I am not going to buy any of these cars mentioned before. Three Racing?s and one Ritmo Abarth is enough Fiat?s in my opinion.

Also I have noticed that I am a quite sick man; for some reason I am making business of 1986 Ford Sierra RS Cosworth... I have loved this car for years and now I have an opportunity to buy one for myself.

If anyone is interested some of these Racing?s, I am willing to help you with negotiations etc.

Cheers,

Marko

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC -86
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth -86
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.