Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 05:58:15 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Help needed with the windscreen washer tank
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help needed with the windscreen washer tank  (Read 4062 times)
MarkoH

« on: January 17, 2010, 06:54:59 PM »

Hi guys!

I have a question and I know this is the place to find the answer.

For some reason in my car there was the original windscreen washer tank & pump removed and windscreen washing was carried out with the head lamp washer system.

I managed to find the original tank & motor but now I have a problem while fitting it. Please correct me if I am wrong. My technical English sucks but I will try to explain this as good as I can:

- The upper bracket of the windscreen washer tank is installed to a mounting frame made of bended sheet metal plate. This plate is installed to a strut tower.

- "Back side" of the tank is parallel with the battery bay.

When installing like this, I am not able to fasten the lower bracket of the tank anywhere.  Angry  The tank itself collides with the battery bay and the bracket is about 30 mm away from the side of the battery bay.

In the battery bay there is a hole in the same line with the bracket hole. Although the hole looks like a hole for a wiring harness clip.

Am I missing some part between the bracket and the battery bay or have I installed it wrong???

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC -86
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth -86
parrish

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 07:27:32 PM »

Hi Marko,
your missing a small black plasic fitting that fits into the hole you described, the tongue on the bottom of the bottle then slots into the black plastic fitting.
Im sure you will have removed it from the engine bay and now you know what it looks like your going to have to go look for it.
Steve

As fitted to side of battery tray.

As fitted to bottle.

The black piece of plastic.

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
MarkoH

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »

Hi Marko,
your missing a small black plasic fitting that fits into the hole you described, the tongue on the bottom of the bottle then slots into the black plastic fitting.
Im sure you will have removed it from the engine bay and now you know what it looks like your going to have to go look for it.
Steve

Thanks Steve! This cleared out my problem. Need to find this plastic part somewhere. I am sure that I do not have it because the tank was removed by some of the previous owners...

Is it OK if I start a new topic where I am buying this part and use your picture to clarify what I mean?

Many thanks,

Marko

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

parrish

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 08:02:23 PM »

Certainly, the photos are links to my photobucket account so not sure if they will copy, any problems let me know.
Try Yagmur he may be able to get the part.
Steve
Ive just had a look and i would say its No:31 on the picture of plastic parts page 14 this thread:
http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=81.195
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 08:08:58 PM by parrish » Logged

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
MarkoH

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 08:17:18 PM »

Thanks but actually I already managed to find one from a Finnish friend of mine....

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.