Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:11:31 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Does anyone know this car.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know this car.  (Read 7381 times)
parrish

« on: February 16, 2010, 02:07:38 PM »

Does anyone have any information? has anyone seen it? Any History?
Steve.

http://www.middlebartongarage.com/car_sales/Fiat_Abarth-131_Volumetrico_/1750.htm

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 02:15:16 PM »

Does anyone have any information? has anyone seen it? Any History?
Steve.

http://www.middlebartongarage.com/car_sales/Fiat_Abarth-131_Volumetrico_/1750.htm

Look this! http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=3165.msg23778#msg23778

Enzo Roll Eyes

* YLX 806 X.jpg (129.68 KB, 500x335 - viewed 646 times.)

Enzo from Germany!
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »

That's Graham's car.

http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=1591.0

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
sid131

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »

Did Graham sell to the garage?
david

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:34:29 PM »

dvla info is that it was first registered/imported into uk on 9/4/2001 and the tax runs out end march this year
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »

No , he's still running it , but thev'e  agreed to help him sell it as he bought it from them.
  he dosn't want to but needs must  Embarrassed he should be on here soon to tell his bit

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
eugene

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 11:33:02 PM »

Well,what do ye think of the price Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.I think the price is good especially as only 200 of these cars were made.Just my opinion Roll Eyes.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
parrish

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:47:39 AM »

Eugene,
i agree the price is good for a starting price, some negotiation their im sure. If the car is as good as it looks in the photos that is, photos sometimes dont show everything. Has anyone on here seen the underside of the car?
Steve

Gremlino

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

I've had Voli up for sale for what seems like ages, initially because my old job was going and things weren't looking too good healthwise either.
As it turned out I went onto to get myself a better job, moved house (never again!) and although there have been ups and downs with our health we're in a better place lifewise.
For those in a similar situation to how we were I'd say never be affraid to speak up, keep positive and things will eventually come good again.

Anywho, back to Voli....

I've had plenty of interest and a few viewings but I missed out on potential sales because Voli decided to keep overheating on the test runs (never a good selling point really), eventually I accepted that she needed a new head gasket and had my good friend Mark Devaney give the head an overhaul and replace the troublesome gasket..... (will post last pics on head thread soon).

Shes now back to her old self and I've found myself asking if I really do want/need to sell her?

Voli never disappoints performance wise and most trips are a pleasureable mix of pace and comfort,
also wherever you go you get plenty of admirable looks and comments from people ...... except from Stratos Replica Drivers (apologies Walezy, I'm talking about UK bods  Wink)

After a lot of debate I've decided I still want her to go to a good home with a new keeper as we have plans for our bungalow and the sale of Voli will help fund them.

As Jay said Voli is up on MBGs site for sale because thats where I bought her from in 2004.
Tony Castle-Miller is an old friend of mine (Yes he does have some  Cheesy) and because his business has international Abarth dealings its a global advert.
Sterling has been down compared to other currencies so I have tried to fit the asking price somewhere in between a good condition S3 Super and an Abarth Stradale, whether its too high I've been asked many times but considering shes a genuine Abarth and looking at Abarths other models and the prices they fetch, the price seems in the middle still.

So if anyone wants to check her over please drop me a line and I'll be happy to discuss a viewing, otherwise I'll be at A.I. Brooklands on May 1st with Voli and if the weathers dry you can have a roll around under the car to see the rust free floor/sills  Smiley

G

Signature has gone Kaput!
sid131

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 11:50:30 AM »

Graham good luck with the sale & i hope you get every penny & you will always have the pic of bolly on voli as i have bolly on Fib cheers Nick Grin Grin
parrish

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:57 AM »

Graham,
the engine bay shot on MBG site, is that just a good coat of Waxoyle or are the inner wings discoloured?
Steve

Gremlino

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »

Ta Nick, some day I might get Miss Hawes to pose for a real shot Cheesy  Kiss Wink

Steve yes theres plenty of waxoyl under the bonnet over the panels, its whats preserved the car over the years. It looks grubby but stops tin worm attacking.
The doors and rear quarters are all Waxoyled too.

Heres some pics of the bay and the underneath....

* Copy of Under bonnet 2.jpg (420.16 KB, 1626x1218 - viewed 519 times.)

Gremlino

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 08:58:53 PM »

* Copy of Axle left.jpg (271.69 KB, 1305x974 - viewed 468 times.)

* Copy of Axle right.jpg (166 KB, 1038x781 - viewed 531 times.)

bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »

I hope you will find a good new vriend for your car Graham. I am interested when people start to discover these great cars. A great buy as they are part of the Abarth history and the last cars built there together with the Lancia 037.
I didn't realise yours as nr 156, so near of my no 158!
Hope to hear you again!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.