Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 03:06:17 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 sport differential is singing at a higher speed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 sport differential is singing at a higher speed  (Read 2810 times)
forsti

« on: May 21, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »

Hello dear community ...

Today I finally had time to make the wheel bearings on the rear axle in a fiat workshops is to let ... I had this working for one of the mechanic had been working on 131 ... plug right axle was first developed, the old stock with the extortion but was first broached in order to reduce the tension so that the camp has been released. new stock with a pipe pressed again or the ring after the stock was heated and then pressed onto the bearing which is fixed in the cool itself. There were seals and replaced all the simmering and put back together. the same on the left side ... Everything went super ....

but ...

I then had a new gearbox oil from agip SAE 75W-90 changed the gearbox, or the same oil was bottled in the differential ...

The problem I have now is that the differential in the last part to sing at a higher rate begins and I will believe nothing but what I noticed before but never, and I shall now make true!

is our error happens during installation or what was damaged, and was behind a false oil used??

But the gear is off now with these agip SAE 75W-90 very well and is bed?utend better and easier!

what shall I make now is the noisy rear axle!

please dear Forio, I beg you to help ...
djape1977

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:41:47 PM »

oh boy, youre using some sorth of automatic online translator?

if i understood correctly, after you changed the rear wheelbearings the diff became noisy?

if i were you, i'd scrap the whole rear axle and get myself used one from fiat 132.

get a bigger hammer!
forsti

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 08:56:08 PM »

yes. that`s my problem...
i meen i have taking a wrong syntetic oil...
131 differencial is the same from 132 or better?
are the 132 differencial passed  1 to 1 for 131 sport

greetings heli
djape1977

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 09:08:41 PM »

i don't think it's the wrong oil. more likely that diff gears are worn at some angle and with busted bearings they worked fine and now that you changed the bearings the angles have changed and now you can hear the damaged gears.

132 rear axle can be fitted to 131 with little modification. it's much stronger. i've had several 132s over the years and have never heard a noisy diff. if you can get a rear axle from 132 1800 you'll also have rear disc brakes

get a bigger hammer!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.