Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:16:44 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  2L twin cam capacitor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2L twin cam capacitor  (Read 4534 times)
kkkango

« on: September 24, 2010, 02:18:39 PM »

I am after the 0.9 ohm capacitor off the bosch electronic ignition system or details of an equivalent that will fit so I can finally remove the 1800 dizzy and points it has been running on if my dizzy and box are ok
 been looking at electronic supplies sites and the lists just cause confusion.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 02:45:51 PM »

Resistors are rated in ohms and capacitors are rated in farads (or microfarads, nanofards etc). Probably that's where the confusion comes from. Please explain in more detail what it is you are after.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kkkango

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »

in the manual is shows a 0.9 ohm resistance in between the coil negative and the live feed to terminal 15 of the control unit, this is shown as a ohms resistance butis  listed as a capacitor.

thanks for the reply
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 03:47:10 PM »

The listing must be wrong. It must be a 0.9ohm ballast resistor. You must have the Bosch system then as that has a ballast resistor while the Magnetti Marelli unit does not have a ballast resistor. Any Bosch dealer should be able to provide a suitable ballast resistor although I would think just about any ballast resistor for a 12V coil should do.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kkkango

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 03:58:51 PM »

thanks for the quick answer.
curt

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »

I think Theo's just off loading Ballast  Grin Grin Grin
Where you been Theo - Missed you as off late  Grin

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 09:36:43 PM »

I think Theo's just off loading Ballast  Grin Grin Grin
Where you been Theo - Missed you as off late  Grin

I could say I've been keeping a low profile so as not to upset more people  Grin Wink  but in truth I've been too busy with life things. Plus my divided loyalties meant I was in Lancia mode for a while as last weekend was the Gamma Consortium AGM and Rally in Presteigne (Wales) even though I was the odd one out in the Trevi  Undecided (my Gamma is still in bits  Embarrassed )

But you are certainly right that I used far too much ballast in my posting above!  Grin

If anyone is interested in the Gamma weekend photos you can see mine at:
http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy292/Thotos/Gamma%20Consortium%20AGM%20weekend%202010/?albumview=slideshow
and Tony Harrison's photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonysphotos/sets/72157624991252370

* Trevi@GCM2010s.jpg (261.43 KB, 800x531 - viewed 359 times.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:40:13 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
106usj

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 09:17:35 PM »

WHERE !! is your post and picture on the 131 general discussion ?? of 131 members with 131's
or are the mod's not intrested in the general public 131 owners anymore ??  Grin Grin
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »

WHERE !! is your post and picture on the 131 general discussion ?? of 131 members with 131's
or are the mod's not intrested in the general public 131 owners anymore ??  Grin Grin

It's here http://www.131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=1564.0 in great detail  Wink There was no need to duplicate the information  Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.