Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:49:27 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  R.I.P. argenta (another one bites the dust)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R.I.P. argenta (another one bites the dust)  (Read 10490 times)
djape1977

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »

ex taxi. that's why it's yellow. working vehicle untill 2002. and than parked in a back yard, under a tree, and left to rot.
i bought it for 150e and drove it back to my place couple weeks ago. except wheels, there's also a engine from 132 1800cc in it which seems to be working fine. working power steering, noiseless diff and gearbox, heated windshield... there's some interesting stuff still on it.
sold the gearbox yesterday, and when i sell the body stripped of all usefull bits to scrappers, i'll make my money back, meaning that engine and rest of parts are free.

get a bigger hammer!
djape1977

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 05:29:42 PM »

it's interesting to dismantle old cars. despite it beeing a very dirty job, one can learn a lot. after dismantling a couple of these i could put one back together pretty much knowing what goes where. also, it gives a great insight in usual failure points of a specific model, making it easier to prevent problems in future repairs/restorations.

it also provides me with a bit of cash to redirect into my costly restoration projects and into salvaging rare models...

get a bigger hammer!
Testament

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »

it's interesting to dismantle old cars. despite it beeing a very dirty job, one can learn a lot. after dismantling a couple of these i could put one back together pretty much knowing what goes where. also, it gives a great insight in usual failure points of a specific model, making it easier to prevent problems in future repairs/restorations.

it also provides me with a bit of cash to redirect into my costly restoration projects and into salvaging rare models...

Yeah I find it quite interesting, we have a chain of wrecking yards here called "pick a part" where you have to pull everything yourself and you would always learn something about how different manufactures put their cars together or trying to work out why some of the cars were getting wrecked when sometimes they looked like they were in quite good condition until they ended up in the yard.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.