Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 05:55:16 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3ma11 Driving Routes - Day 4 Sunday 8th May - The Northern Drive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3ma11 Driving Routes - Day 4 Sunday 8th May - The Northern Drive  (Read 3609 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: March 15, 2011, 12:44:39 AM »

Sunday's 3ma11 drive will be a tour of North Devon driving through both Dartmoor and Exmoor National parks. We'll leave Kingsteignton travelling north on the B3193 and skim the north-eastern side of Dartmoor National Park on the B3217 heading for Clovelly, "The World's Most Famous Village". Unusually, the village is privately owned and has been by the same family since 1738. It is not accessible by car so if we want to visit the village we'll have to park at the visitor centre and enter the village on foot. But be warned: the village's cobbled main street is extremely steep with a 120 metre descend to the harbour so only the very fit (or those with a donkey Wink ) can return   Grin

From Clovelly we'll take the A39 and head to Barnstaple where we'll take the B3230 to Ilfracombe and our lunchtime stop for the day.

After lunch we'll follow the coastal route onto the A39 and into Exmoor National Park heading for Lynmouth. We then head south through Exmoor National Park on the B3232 and back to Kingsteignton.

* Sunday.jpg (123.57 KB, 653x446 - viewed 692 times.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 05:32:17 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »

Last time  i was at clovelly ,the cheats could get a landrover trip back to yhe top from the harbour up a dirt road around the side for a PRICE  Cheesy

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 11:06:44 PM »

When I was in Clovelly (2007 I think) they had the Land Rover "bus" there but I thought it was for the elderly and disabled. I had to buy a walking stick to get out of there  Embarrassed

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:06:41 PM »

we've been to covelly just picture anita going up the hill in her high heels Grin

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.