Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:11:11 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  What happened to this 131 Abarth ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happened to this 131 Abarth ?  (Read 4164 times)
david

« on: September 29, 2011, 06:02:12 PM »

This is the front cover of september 2004 retro cars but when you check out the number plate on the DVLA site nothing comes up !  was the car written off or exported but if it was exported the site usually tells you !
By the way the number is BLE 981S

* $(KGrHqQOKo8E5Vi6Sb2TBOem9+TGpw~~_12.jpg (84.79 KB, 354x500 - viewed 557 times.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:03:58 PM by david » Logged
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »

Hi,

BLE 981S,  this 131 Abarth is from Jonathan Sage here in the forum "131grp4" 

Enzo  Wink

Enzo from Germany!
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:07:08 AM »

Mmmmm - a bit of sad story which still has time to finish with a happy ending! Wink The last I spoke to Jonathan about his Stradale it had just been moved to a 'secret location' in Surrey, England, to have it's restoration continued. Unfortunately funds have been an issue - aren't they always? - but we are ever hopeful that it will return to the road - but as to when? Your guess is as good as mine. Undecided

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
david

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »

But as I said it does not come up on DVLA site which usually means its been scrapped which I don't believe as no one would scrap it, would they?.
If it was on a sorn it would say and even if it wasn't  on a sorn it would say when it was last taxed which only leaves scrapped or possibly change of registration number to maybe a private plate ?
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 05:51:26 PM »

Cars which have been scrapped often still appear on the DVLA website. I can't understand why that registration doesn't appear unless it was a 'made up' plate fitted for security reasons.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
n2oxide

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 08:05:50 PM »

After a lesson learnt, I always put on a fake plate or private looking plate ( I use GAS 1T for obvious reasons ) when any of my cars goes for a photo shoot and I even cover up the chassis plate(s)/wing stampings if the car is at a show.  There are some scammers out there that do sometimes catch petrol heads off guard. We just had the WRC works car on stand in Frankfurt with Lotus and whilst the number plate, PVC999W is common knowledge, the chassis numbers are not left on show for the scrupulous cretins to get a snap of.

Only last week a Sunbeam Lotus came up for sale in France, right car, right price but the car just happened to belong to the Events Co-ordinator for the club and his car was in the garage at home in Hereford yet some mother **ck*r had it up for sale and knew all the engine number and chassis number and the picture was one from our club magazine.  I know a fella who went to buy an HSR in Manchester, all the numbers matched, so off he went with ?10,000 in fresh readies ( the seller wanted cash ); he came back in an ambulance minus his money and pride.

Don't give your cars identity away.

Perry

If You Overtake Me, I'll Follow You Home and Shit In Your Slippers !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.