Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:56:02 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Senna the movie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Senna the movie  (Read 2847 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: December 31, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »

Watched this earlier today - A little something from Santa... Smiley

http://www.sennamovie.co.uk/

I thought it was very watchable and well made.... made even more enjoyable because my interest in F1 began just as Ayrton was arriving in the sport and I can still recall (sometimes vividly) some of the main events in his F1 career.

I remember being galled by his (later admitted) deliberate attempt to take out Prost in Suzuka to win the 1990 FI championship. Being a Ferrari fan I only had eyes for the prancing horse but the film does put a slightly different viewpoint (from Senna's perspective). At the time he was the villain in many people's eyes.

Other aspects include his marked superiority in wet races and the sight of his yellow helmeted Lotus (black or yellow) or (red & white) McLaren bearing down on Ferraris ahead almost always had a depressing inevitability about it.

Later in Imola, the scene of his fatal crash, the whole weekend was a disaster from Friday to Sunday with spectacular (Barrichello) & fatal (Ratzenburger) crashes in practice followed by a startline rear end into a stationary car (non fatal) & Ayrton's unexplained straight ahead crash.

Overall, I would highly recommend it... Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 04:02:07 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 04:15:20 PM »

Overall, I would highly recommend it... Smiley

And I would second that. I saw the film when it was first released at the cinema. In fact I saw it at Kino Digital which is a sort of coffee shop and cinema combined with very good coffee and extremely comfy seats  Cheesy It certainly added to the experience.

I thought the documentary movie was extremely well made and managed to give all the information without any narration which is all too common in documentaries. Just like Kevin, I too started watching F1 shortly before Senna's accident so I remember (even with my bad memory  Embarrassed) some of the events. Highly recommended by me too  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Phil

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 06:21:20 PM »

I watched this at the cinema albeit it a normal one with popcorn and no coffee.

As you guys have said an execellent film, brought back lots of memories good and sad at the same time. Also it was a bit strange to watch Senna who was about 10 years older than me at the time and is now younger.

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »

Looks like this DVD sold well as I have been given it by Ashley as a Christmas present too.  Cool I shall look forward to spending time watching it - preferably when everyone else is out! Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Rob 131

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »

I watched it on the plane last week. No Popcorn thankfully Grin Grin I hate the stuff and moreover can't stand the sound of others eating it  Undecided Undecided  Would never catch me in a cinema  Grin Grin.

Very watchable even for those like me who are not interested in 4 wheeled Motorsport (unless its Rallying from the Golden Era 70's and 80's, with of course our beloved 131's).

For those who like these types of Autobiography MotorSport DVD's, I recommend Joey Dunlop and his brother Robert Dunlop.

I am sure the Irish contingent on the Forum would endorse this.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.