Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:57:55 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Sell or keep? Decisions decisions!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sell or keep? Decisions decisions!  (Read 2996 times)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« on: August 28, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »

I had someone who was coming for these but months have passed and they are still cluttering up the garage Roll Eyes

I decided to clean them and photograph them today to advertise them on here.

After just a quick clean up with glass polish they looked in such good condition I'm now thinking perhaps I'll just keep them. You never know when you might need a front or rear screen Wink

Front windscreen:

Rear screen:

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
c.a.c131

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:48 PM »

It's nice to have a original Fiat windscreen's as a spare Smiley I hate not having original glass in a car it just never looks right, an aftermarket windscreen with a different tint then the rest Angry

I have a full set of side window glass from a Supermirafiori with green tinted glass with the fiat logo's in the glass Grin as a spare.

My late 1984 Super does not have tinted glass  Shocked it all the original fiat glass  Huh the rear window heater is not the same as my other early S3 super with tinted glass !
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:15:36 PM by c.a.c131 » Logged

1980 Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport/Racing, 1981 Fiat 131 S2 Supermirafiori Panorama 1600/TC.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »

I'm not sure what the rear screen came from, it looks tinted. The front screen I'm pretty sure is from my first 131 (a series 3 1600 CL)

It's in excellent condition and doesn't seem to have any chips or damage.

It also doesn't seem to be tinted. This is probably why I didn't use it as I must have fitted the tinted glass from my second 131 (a series 3 super) that was stone rotten although it looked good on top having had a respray in white Smiley

I got quite lucky with that purchase, the engine, gearbox, power steering, set of Koni adjustables and sport springs (found in the boot) glass, stainless door trims, tow bar and no doubt other numerous bits I've forgotten about eventually ended up on my first 131.

Towed it back from Wrexam to Carlisle on the towing dolly in the Montego turbo diesel Wink

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.